You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Warm greetings to all of you in the ISC family

My warm wishes to all of you in the ISC family on the occasion of Durga Puja. Durga Puja is celebrated widely in the eastern and north eastern states of India and the countdown starts from the day of Mahalaya. It is celebrated for five days with much fanfare all over West Bengal and the state's capital Kolkata decks up magnificently to welcome all the enthusiastic crowds. I hope many of you are aware of the pomp and grandeur of the celebration and in every state where there are Bengalis, mark this occasion in special ways.

The pandal hoppers become busy throughout the day visiting all the famous Pujas around the city and they have little time for rest. Many artisans wait for this time of the year and their beautiful creation is visible through different aspects of the Puja.

All of you do visit the nearest pandals whenever you get time and take part in the celebration with your family and friends. May Maa Durga fulfill all your wishes and shower her blessings on each and every corner of this earth.
    Thanks for the wishes. Same to you. I never knew about Durga pooja when I was a child as I never saw pandals nearby my house. May be Bengali community was less at that time but now a days its celebrated with great joy and pandals can be seen at many places.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

How is the Puja at Mohd Ali Park in Calcutta now?
    I used to visit there years before.

Don’t remember forgetting to remember anything

Mr. Neeraj: The Pooja at Mohammad Ali Park, Park Circus, is one of the most famous Poojas of Kolkata. It is still maintaining its grandeur and splendour.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Thanks Partha.
    As I am far… far…away, I am missing it now! Would like to see some photos…

Don’t remember forgetting to remember anything

Thanks and I also wish everyone a nice time during the festival.

This is a unique festival and Goddess Durga is believed to be a divine power who can kill all the demons one by one.

The mythological literature is full of the epic stories of Goddess Durga winning over all the bad elements in the world and helping the humans and Demi Gods to get rid from the cruelties of demons.

So let us come forward and celebrate this great festival with full joy and interest.

Knowledge is power.

Though I am not a pandal hopper but sharing with all you a picture of Maa Durga that was taken in the evening inside one of the pandals in our locality.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Delete Attachment

My best wishes to all on the morning of Maha Shashthi. May Maa Durga bless all of us.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Durga Puja greetings to all our members and their families! May the blessings of Maa Durga be with all of us.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

This is to convey my greetings and best wishes to all the members of ISC for a happy Durga pooja. West Bengal is very famous for this Durga Pooja and they celebrate in a unique way. I was having a friend from West Bengal working with me and every year he used to go for Pooja to his native place in West Bengal for this festival. He used to bring sweets from there while he was coming back.
    In AP and Telangana also the festival will be conducted for 9 days and call the festival as Sarnnavartri festival. Maha Kali, Maha Lakshmi and Maha Saraswathi will be worshipped three days each. Goddess Maha Kali will be worshipped for the first 3 days, then Lakshmi for 3 days and the last 3 days Saraswathi Devi will be worshipped. In Vijayawada Kanaka Durga temple these ten days will be celebrated and devotees will come and perform special poojas on these days. Saturday I was there and yesterday we performed Pooja there.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments