You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is shaayari against ISC's posting guidelines

Sorry. I can't access forum guidelines through the links provided from my phone and I'm too busy to use my PC now. So please try to give specific answer to this question.
    Few days ago I posted a Hindi poem written by me.
    here
    But the post was deleted stating it had poor content. "It's ok", I thought since my poem was about kashmiris attacking our soldiers and it could have triggered nationalist sentiments here. But is there a restriction of some kind according to which when a significant part of your post is in other languages, it will be deleted? Now I got another idea for a great poem but it's going to be in Hindi. Will it be in vain to post here? I apparently will add transliteration and summary in English. So please clarify my doubt. And if possible read that deleted poem and drop your views about it here.
    [Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Can you send the clickable link Sanjeev?
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

We may occasionally use Hindi or any other Indian language to explain something related to the topic with proper transliteration in English. We cannot post a complete thread summary or response purely in Hindi or any other language, and is not acceptable to ISC and the ISCian.
    No life without Sun

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Ok. Understood. Thanks everyone.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya, the forum posting guidelines clearly states that you cannot post a thread or a response in any foreign/ regional language. You may use the same to reproduce a quote or a proverb but in that case, you will have to provide the English translation.

Sanjeev, please do not provide wrong information.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

We have so many languages in our country that if everyone wants to write something in his language (of course along with the valid english translation) of choice then no online forum site or any other such place can accommodate it. It is a practical fact. So ISC is also like that and can not help in the matter.

There are some sites which have a section or option of submitting material in some prominent languages but they may be surviving on some business model which may be pulling on with good commercial support. Depending on the traffic and volume in such sections the site administrator decides to keep it or remove it from the site.

Whether a site is scientific, educational or general recreational type it has to generate revenue to sustain in the competitive online world and that is one of the important factor taken in cognisance while formulating its policies.

Knowledge is power.

What is the reason why my response is deleted from this thread? How I violated the guidelines?

(Refer response at #650708- Editor)

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• Sign In to post your comments