Saraswathi Pooja is on October 18thOn 18th October we are all going to celebrating Saraswathi Pooja on the end day of Navratri. Saraswathi is meant for wisdom and She is worshipped by everybody especially students for their gaining well knowledge and study. There are shrines for Saraswathi in many temples but there is a temple exclusively for Sarawathi only in Kooththanur Village near Poonthottam,Tamilnadu.
This temple is situated in Tamilnadu, Poonthottam Village on the road Thiruvarur to Mayiladuthurai. 24 kilometers from Mayiladuthurai (Mayuram), 20 Kilometers from Thiruvarur. The Temple was formed by Ovaatha Kooththan, Grandson of Ottakkooththar, famous scholor in the period of Poet Kambar who wrote Ramayan in Tamil. This temple is visited by many people on all days especially by students during their examination times.On the day of Vijayadasami,next day to Saraswathi POoja, many children got Aksharabyaasam here.
Some salient information about Saraswathi are:
• In all temples normally Saraswathi Devi is seen with veena. But in the Sivan Temple at Vedaranyam,Tamilnadu and Pushkar Tempe of Rajasthan Saraswathy poses without veena.
• Saraswathi and Dakshinamoorthy are noted for wisdom and so they are holding Chain of Spatika in their hands.
• In Basralu Mallikarjuna Temple of Karnataka Saraswathi is in the name of Gnana Saraswathi
• Devotees are having holy dip in the Tambaq Sairing Tank of Pali Island on the day of Vijayadasami,next day to Saraswathi Pooja
• In Japan they call Saraswathi as Ben Ten
• In the temple at Basara, Adilabad District of Telengana State, the saraswathi found as decorated with turmeric always. This place is at 220 kilometers from Hyderabad and 30 Kilometers from Nizamabad city.
• In Thrayambak temple near Nasik of Maharashtra, Saraswathi can be seen in White dress sitting on White swan which is also white and the white is dinoted for white heartedness is to be found in human.
• In New Delhi National Museum we can see saraswathi which is of Tenth century by sitting on sheep instead of swan