You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Music

"Lachhu Maharaj" how many of you know him.

Just now when I opened Google I saw a doodle of a man playing tabla. Just for curiosity I tried to know who is this. So I got the information he is great tabla master Laxmi Narayan Singh and today is his 74th birthday. In his remembrance Google has made a doodle of this man playing tabla.

Besides doing classical concerts he has played tabla in many films also. He was offered padma shri award but he refused saying that he is happy with the audience appreciation only.

Image source: Google

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Delete Attachment

Never heard of him, but now I know about him. Good information you shared about a musician.
    No life without Sun

I knew that he was a renowned tabla player. But I didn't know that he refused to accept Padmashri award. My respect for this great musician on his birthday.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I am not aware of this artist. Good information by the author and thanks for the same. My best wishes and salutations to this great artist on his birthday. Google is doing a splendid work by making doodles about people like this.
    drrao
    always confident

I am not at all aware, that someone with this name is even into playing Tabla. I have not heard his name even from the fellow musicians in my group, and those who play Tabla. I will be reading more about him, and I am glad google made this doodle so that common and naive people who are not so much into knowing the artists behind the famous songs, will eventually come to know about him.
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

• Sign In to post your comments