You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Which car should I buy for my joy?

Members,
    I have planned to buy a new car that will fit me to enjoy. Many members must be possessing a car and have good knowledge about present generation latest cars of different companies. I dhave three companies in my mind. Suzuki, Honda and Ford. Among the three to companies, which one do you recommend?. You can also name the best car of that company. (D'zire, Santro, Aspire etc;)

Price Budget - Below 10L.
    We are using Maruti Suzuki D'Zire from the last 4 years. Its performance is good. No complaints and servicing is also good. There are many service centres in Hyderabad. One of my brothers who is in Bangalore is using Ford, Figo. Aspire is a better version. Ford cars are also good. Hyundai Santro is also used by my friends and I never heard any complaint about this vehicle also.
    But my first preference is always Suzuki D'Zire as there are many service centres, spares are easily available and response from the service station is also very fast and positive.

drrao
    always confident

For occasional use, the petrol car is the best. I suggest you go for the new Santro car which is going to be released on 23 October. It may cost you about Rs 4.5 to 5 lakhs on road. The Hyundai cars are trouble free with fairly good interiors when compared to Maruti. The maintenance is also cheap.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

For 6 years I used Wagon - R its a good family car, then last year I started using Baleno which is a good car. There is lot of difference in both the cars. Baleno has lots of space. Also Amaze and Dezire are good options.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Be more specific about the price range; below 10 L is just vague. You can buy anything like an Alto (around 2.7) to Brezza (9.5 L). There must be around 70 cars below 10 Lakhs in India.

Moreover, you need to tell about your needs, like how many KMs in a month, do you like driving on highways and hills, or off-roading, preferences like hathbacks, sedans, MUVs etc.

Moreover, what will happen to your beloved Padmini?

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

If you have a small family and you want to move in the traffic easily then go for a smaller car by Suzuki. That is one good option. If your requirement is a spacious and bigger car then Suzuki D'zire is a good option.

I am using Suzuki Alto K10 which is giving very good service - an economical car.

Purchasing car is an individual choice and those who are eager to drive and want to go long routes should opt for something like Honda city or other cars in that range.

Suzuki can get the service and attention very easily even in the remote places. That is one consideration to be kept in view.

Knowledge is power.

Gypsy,
    VMT for your good suggestion. I may not travel like a businessman. I may have a long drive on NH twice or thrice in a month. I may travel across the western ghats from east coast to west coast. May frequently use the car for city rides.

My good old Padmini will remain with me forever until my last breath. She might rest and not travel much. She will be beautified.

No life without Sun

Price range - 2-4, 4-6, 6-8 or 8-10? Preferences - hathbacks, sedans, MUVs? Like power in your car or would like to have a good mileage?
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

The car I wish to buy is for my son who is good at driving any car. The preference is a sedan with good look, good mileage, comfort, leg space, boot area etc;

@ Me Too will use the same car while he is abroad.

No life without Sun

Dzire new edition, without any doubt.

Gypsy,
    Indeed, I proposed the same car to my son. Let me get from others too.

No life without Sun

Why don't you test drive a few vehicles before coming to a conclusion?

Sun

VW ,any model

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Dezire is a good option. I have few friends having this car and its really good. It has lots of space and will meet all your requirements which you mentioned here.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

It is not a very easy question. There are many factors involved here. The first and foremost factor is the budget. Then come fuel efficiency, use of CNG, the size of the family, nature of travel (regular/occasional/outside the city, etc.), the ability of the chosen car to withstand wear & tear, servicing, availability of parts, etc.

If the family size is small and the budget is less than Rs. 6 lakh, I would suggest Maruti Wagon R latest model, for regular travel. If the budget is more, the family is bigger and you need a sturdy car, then you should go for Mahindra Scorpio latest variant.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

You still have not bought a new car? I recall you to have posted a similar question, a few years back. You wanted to buy a new car and retire your old Padmini. I am sure the old-timers must remember that thread of yours.

In that thread, you had mentioned that you wanted to buy a new car, but it need not be a Padmini, but the model of the car, must be called Padmini.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,
    Yes. I do remember that I wanted to buy a new car and posted a message. The time was not ripe then. Now I am feeling the need of possessing a new car in Bengaluru as my good old aged Padmini of TN needs some special permission to run in Bengaluru city. Moreover, the need is for my son who is not happy with my aged Padmini.

Though my daughter has an ALTO K10 (2011) in Bengaluru, my son wishes to have a different sedan car for him.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments