You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is 68th anniversary of Ompuri.

Known for his great acting Ompuri was a legendary actor. He didn't have the looks as most of the heroes have thats the reason he didn't get the lead roles in commercial films but he had his own niche. He worked in many of the art movies where his acting was appreciated.

I remember " Discovery of India" and Tamas serials in which he acted well and is remembered for it. In art movies like Machis, Ardhsatya, Aakrosh, Jane bhi do yaron he was great to watch. He also acted in comedy movies like Hera Feri, Singh is king, welcome and many others. He was a good comedian too.

He died last year.

What I feel is he didn't get that much of recognition which he deserved.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Delete Attachment

True. Mr, Ompuri was a great actor. He has played excellent roles in Hindi cinema, and he is an unforgettable actor who will live in our memory forever. Nice to remember him on his 68th Birth Anniversary.
    No life without Sun

Ompuri is a really good actor but he never got the recognition what he really deserves. He played many good roles in Hindi movies. When I was a student people used to talk about him and his acting skills. He will be remembered by many Hindi movies viewers. My respects to this great actor on his 68th Birth Anniversary. I thank the author for making all of us remember this great actor of yesteryears.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments