You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Incomplete guidelines results in wastage of effort

I have been struggling to make a step ahead with this website, out of respect and love I had received in the past. However from past two weeks, it has been a hige disappointment. The webiste really needs to have better and clear guidelines.
    I am getting rejections in almost every section, as sometimes the guidelines and rules are hidden and have different aspect. How can I understand rules, which are not mentioned in the help topics, or are so deep in the links (hidden), that someone has to really devote one complete day to read only rules and changed guidelines.
    I am posting Question papers, and now even they are getting rejected due to some hidden rule (which was not at all mentioned in the guidelines).
    Iti Tyagi,
    The present ISC is not that ISC that we used to see in the past. ISC was easy and free. Members had ample freedom to post their messages, responses, question and answer, write articles, post jobs and question papers etc. Now ISC has become little tough and rude with more frequent locking and deletions, and delay in approvals. I must say that ISC and its members are more disciplined now. Nothing to worry. I am sure, you will get along the new ISC soon.

@ There is no change in ISC Guidelines, but there is a change in ISC attitude towards its members.

No life without Sun

My only concern is Sun, that an important rule like this should be mentioned, as how can a user understand, hidden rules?
    Won't it be easy, if sections wise Editors etc were mentioned somewhere? Now I am understanding the reason, why most of my juniors tell me that this webiste is a bit difficult to understand for them.

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Iti,
    You were/are a good member of ISC. In the past, you performed well with good understanding about ISC rules and guidelines. Now, why there is a misunderstanding/not understanding the ISC rules that has not changed during your long absence? I wonder.

No life without Sun

I agree to some extent there is a confusion about rules and regulations to some of the sections in this website. As mentioned by the author even after completely covering all the help topics, you will be left with some doubts.
    There are some pinned threads at the top of the list of the threads. We have to see these threads if the heading is related to our doubt. There are some articles again in the top of the articles list. Many of them are about ISC only. You can read them which may help you. However, I understand you are a senior member and these things you may be knowing well. Even after doing all the activities mentioned above, if your doubt is not cleared, the only option left is to post a thread and wait for the response from the concerned people.
    To err is human. So do some mistakes and learn from those mistakes. I think this is the method we have to follow in case there are no clear rules and regulations.
    In many industrial R & D activities, trial and error is one of the methodologies adopted for development.

drrao
    always confident

Sun, I have attached two screenshots in the forum thread. Did you miss them? I had shown what leads to the confusion. If I am wrong in asking here, let me know.

#65100718 - Sir, I agree and seems like I was trying to minimize the effort one makes to get through this site, and in the past I used to ignore these things (which I consider was a wrong approach). It is better always to point the things, if they chose to act or not, it is their act.

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Yes. I agree that it is better to express without expecting any response from the other side. If we don't express, no one will know the difficulties one is facing. A good attitude. To tell is our duty, how the others take it will be their will and wish.
    drrao
    always confident

Iti,

I will help you out. Let me check out the attachments and the issues related to the guidelines. Give me some time. Please wait.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Iti,

I had a look and understood. What you are pointing out is that the reason given by the editor for rejecting your exam question paper was that it was not of the last three years, whereas there is no such guideline in the text which appears under the rules heading. Actually, that particular guideline about not submitting papers which are more than three years old is at the bottom of the same page, just above the 'Submit' button. Please see the image attached to this response. I can request the Webmasters to shift it to the top itself, so that it gets included in the Guidelines. Maybe that would help?

Further, could you do one thing please - just go through these three threads thoroughly -
    1. Ongoing Awards & Rewards in IndiaStudyChannel.com (here, refer to #11)
    2. Sectionwise FAQs.
    3. Posting Limits.

The reason is not just so that you get updated about the current features, guidelines, etc but also, as a returning member, we could get some useful feedback to help us to update those pages in case there is a lack of clarity or incorrect information.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Delete Attachment

Vandana, thank you so much. This makes sense now. I am not so senior in making and judgement and decision on the User Interface design, but I am sure, if rules will be scattered like this, it is an evident problem for users who are trying to make grasp of this website.
    The very first rule of any website (I design for my clients, who are in healthcare, cancer detection, automobiles giants in Germany), is:
    - Rules should be at one place and in one section
    - Rules must not be scattered
    - Information should be present initially, at first glance

Also, if year wise restriction is there, there should have been a dropdown (instead of a textbox).
    Dropdown will automatically have years from current till past 3 years (this will indirectly help the user, to make the right selection of year).

He/She can write (1999) in textbox, but that will not make sense right?

There are so many small small details, which I feel after a span of 7 years, really need to be changed, else it will only 50-100 users, making the contribution, because they are used to of the website.

Apologies for my blunt words, but I cannot pour more details here, and wish to be as genuine in my work.

I am going to scan/look the sections rules in more details, from now onwards, as I have to shift my way to deal with this website, as it is not as user friendly, and there are small small hurdles, in the form of these rules, asking the user to be so much into rules, before submisison

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Thanks, Iti

I did not find your words blunt at all. On the contrary, I am quite pleased that you gave useful suggestions for the QP section and look forward to other constructive input as well. I will forward them to the Webmasters.

Just one thing - we do not permit text in bold, italics, etc. We only allow HTML tags for providing a relevant internal link.

Thank you for your responses, I am glad, and I will try to be more detailed as well. In fact I was checking my Articles yesterday and it reminded me of my days of writing a complete article on a notebook and then typing it.
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

• Sign In to post your comments