You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

I am hurt deeply. Should I get a farewell from ISC?

Dear all,
    I was deeply hurt by the action. In a thread, I posted this response which got deleted and the thread got locked.

[The text in-between has been removed - when something is removed by an editor in another thread, it is wrong to resubmit it again in the same thread or in another thread. You can simply inquire if you so wish, the reason for its removal.]

My dear ISC and my fellow ISCians,
    What was wrong with my response? Did I abuse or use any indecent language? No. Then why my response got deleted. Members, do you find anything wrong? Let us know.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

SUN. Don't get disappointed. Sometimes it happens. It is all in the game. We have to go on moving keeping such issues aside. You are a senior member than me on this site. You have a better knowledge than me about this site and you know more about this site. Even though I joined in 2009, my active participation is for even less than two years. So I may not be able to tell you which is correct and which is not correct. But the only thing I can say is to go on moving by taking the things on our side as it comes. So don't get upset and continue your journey on this site.
    Nobody is correct always. Mistakes may be there from both the sides. But these should not be the reasons for getting delinked.

drrao
    always confident

1. When something is deleted, it is not right to post it again.
    2. When you wish to inquire about a reason, why seek members' views? How will they know why it was deleted? Address the query to the Webmasters/Editors.

The greater part of your answer was totally unrelated to the thread, which was a complaint about another member's thread and did not invite discussion on the topic of that thread or suggestions about what women should do. Further, those suggestions were not something we would like to see on our platform.

Further - The other thread was not deleted - there was no muzzling at all. We locked it (as well as the first thread on the topic) only today as the topic had reached a saturation point and there was really no further discussion to be had on it.

May I also request all members - you have complaints against me or the team, please do not tack it on to just about any and every thread you wish to. Either post it as your own individual complaint thread and it will be referred to the Webmasters or send such complaints directly to the Webmasters via the About Us page. They will accordingly guide us. Hope this suggestion would help.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,
    My this thread summary is only a counter response to a counter response from Juana to my response. While you could permit those responses, why not my response to Juana. She digged up the past to quote, yet her response remains safe. Something wrong with the editors perception on SuN. Really feeling bad about editors.

I did not reproduce /rewrite my response, and it is not my mistake to copy and paste my response. The editor has not performed his duty properly by not deleting the text. It was/is still there for me to copy and paste from the deleted section. Please direct your editors to delete such responses from the threads.

No life without Sun

My previous response at #651004 has been playing hide and seek for the last one hour. Sometime it appears as a response, sometime it disappears. I am very amused (without any sarcasm)! Is it some system fault or something is being done?

Sun - Repeating a text is reproducing/rewriting/copy-pasting it. Also, kindly do not issue directives ["Please direct your editors to delete such responses from the threads"] to editors what to do or not to do.

Partha and Sun - The text of a deleted response may be visible to the person who submitted it after he/she logs in to ISC. The text of a deleted response will not necessarily be removed entirely. We have certain guidelines according to which we will remove/won't remove the text.

Hope that is clear and hope that there is nothing further to discuss.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.