You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Tribute to a legend who revolutionized personal computing

If you are using a Windows operating system, I am sure you know Bill Gates. In 1975, Bill Gates along with Paul Allen founded Microsoft Corporation and the company revolutionized the personal computer market. The Microsoft Windows operating system is used worldwide in different computing devices and the company Microsoft Corporation is among one of the world's leading software makers. While the name of Bill Gates is synonymous with Microsoft, the name of Paul Allen is not that famous to people who are less aware about the story behind the formation of the company.

Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation died on Monday and this is a tribute to the man who changed the way of computing along with Bill Gates. Paul Allen was also a college dropout and joined his childhood friend Bill Gates to pursue the dream of making computer the necessity and within reach of all. He was a technocrat and a philanthropist who undertook different projects to enhance the way of people's life. He was among the richest few who donated a large amount of his wealth towards charity. In one of his writings he said "Those fortunate to achieve great wealth should put it to work for the good of humanity". He used to play guitar and was fond of rock n' roll. He was a conservationist and also liked expeditions. He used to fund different underwater expeditions in which few significant shipwrecks were found. We lost a man of true spirit who found the most innovative ways to utilize his wealth as well as to make his fortune. May his soul rest in peace.
    My respects to Paul Allen for his achievements and his charity for the good of humanity. May his soul rest in peace.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Only today morning I came to know that Paul Allen has left the world. My respect for this great revolutionary in the computer world.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Paul Allen the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation is passed away on Monday. It is very sad to know that. A good human being who helped the needy by donating his wealth. A person of a very high level of integrity and potential. My respects to him and may his soul rest in peace. Himself and Bill Gates changed the way of life of many human beings with their creative ability and hard work.
    drrao
    always confident

A nice thread by the author telling us about these wizards of computer world. I was well aware of Bill Gates but did not know about Paul Allen.

I pay respect and condolences to the departed soul - Paul Allen. As told he was a partner and equally instrumental in the growth of Microsoft as a leading organisation in personal computer field.

The rise of Microsoft as a personal computer giant is phenomenal and is a history in the computer world. These two people made it to happen.

Knowledge is power.

No one can change the destiny. On this day, Paul Allen was destined to die. He was given birth to show a great thing to the world, the personal computer, with Bill Gates. May his good soul rest in peace.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments