You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Today, the festival of Vijaya Dasami - Greetings to all

Vijayadasami is celebrated on the last day of Navratri to celebrate the success of Devi in the war against Mahishasura.

There is some inner meaning in everything followed by our elders. Accordingly this festival also.
    Dasha Hara is a Sanskrit word which means removal of the ten bad qualities within you:
    Ahankara (Ego)
    Amanavta (Cruelty)
    Anyaaya (Injustice)
    Kama vasana (Lust)
    Krodha (Anger)
    Lobha (Greed)
    Mada (Over Pride)
    Matsara (Jealousy)
    Moha (Attachment)
    Swartha (Selfishness)
    Hence, also known as Vijaydashami, signifying 'Vijaya' over these ten bad qualities.

Happy Vijaya Dashami & Dusshera to you & your family.
    On the auspicious occasion of Vijaya Dashami, I pray to the Almighty God to destroy the demons and establish a true Ramrajya.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Same to you and all. Dussehra is celebrated with great joy here in North India. It is believed that on this day Lord Rama killed Ravana. It is said to be the day when good wins over devil. Here in North India we worship God and in the evening effigies of Ravana, Meghnatha and Kumbhkarana are burnt.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I also reciprocate the festival greetings and wish all the members a good time in ISC. The author has very nicely mentioned the evils on which we have to focus our attention for getting them eradicated from our life. Being a human it may not be totally possible to achieve that but if we do sincere efforts in that direction we can progress slowly to that stage when the evil things are removed from our thinking and attitude.

This is a unique festival which is giving such a great message to all of us and inspiring to remove malice and hatred and bring a loving and caring atmosphere where there is no evil and as another member has rightly put that it is something like coming of Ramrajya.

Knowledge is power.

Happy vijayadasami to all the members of ISC. Today is the celebration day for the victory of Durga on all demons. Today is the day good has established its supremacy on all the evils. I wish and hope that all the evils die down and we all will get happy days with the establishment of Rama Rajya once again. Have a nice day all.
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.