You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

No entry for Pants and Chuddidhars in Guruvayur Krishna Temple. Why?

Members,
    Are you aware that the Guruvayur Krishna temple doesn't allow male devotees wearing pant and ladies wearing chudidhar? They are permitted only if they wear a Dhoti or Saree. This is the age old tradition being followed. Why there is no one to approach the court and get the dress code changed, while wearing pant and chudidhar is our Indian culture.

Like Sabarimala issue, this issue is also to be taken to the court to get its verdict. Why no organisation is ready to challenge the Sri Krishna Temple dress code?
    As far as I know, stitched clothes are not allowed in this sacred temples. So, trousers, shirts and salwar are not allowed. Most probably angavastram is allowed.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

This is not coming as a surprise for me, as may be this is famous, but many temples in my area have this restriciton too. There is no valid answer for this and I have to admit, my mother is one of them. She always asked me to change, before visiting particular temple, as she feared the reaction and sentiments of the people as well.
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

• Sign In to post your comments