Let's have some rules for the robots too

Recently Amazon has abandoned a part of its recruitment service, which was managed by devices controlled through artificial intelligence (AI), because of sexism. The devices were used to sort out the suitable applicants for selection and it is found they are preferring male candidates over females. The authorities looking after the process said the algorithm automatically taught itself to prefer males because the system was guided to follow the CVs of the applicants for the past 10 years where most of the applicants for that position were males.

In one of my earlier threads I forecasted that man-machine conflict is imminent and I am quite surprised to find how AI is used to select things based on certain sets of data. All over the world there are experimentations carried out to suitably use the AI and in many fields AI is efficiently implemented. Now with the advent of Internet Of Things everything can be controlled throughout the internet and human lives will be interfered with in many ways like never before.

Already we know how much Google knows about us and if somehow our personal number is leaked to any social media or business organizations we are bombarded with unwanted calls and messages. There must be specific laws to deal with the use of AI where there will be no interference or conflict with humans. Isaac Asimov, the author of science fictions, has described the following three rules in a short story 'Runaround' in 1942.

1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2.A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

These rules were thought of during 1940s and things have changed a lot since then. Many predictions are coming true and the technological advancement is going on at an unimaginable speed. With time, there is an urgent need to frame laws to deal with these technical issues. Let's frame some more laws to suitably use the AI so both humans and AI can coexist peacefully. Members, please give your opinion and do suggest new rules that you think will be able to address these issues.