You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is the birthday of Sardar Patel.

Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel popularly known as Sardar Patel is the first Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of Independent India under the leadership of first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. He is also known as the Ironman of India.
    Patel is responsible for bringing the 565 semi-autonomous princely states and British-era colonial provinces into to the fold of India. Patel's leadership enabled the accession of almost every princely state. He is also responsible for establishing all-India civil services. Patel was also one of the few defenders of property rights and free enterprises in India.
    Today is his birthday. His statue was inaugurated by the Prime Minister today. Let us all pay our respects to this great man on the day of his birthday.
    My tribute to the Iron Man of India on his 143rd birth anniversary. Sardar Patel was one of the founding fathers of the country and struggled for its independence. From his act of uniting India by including the princely states into its fold, his unconditional love for his motherland is understood and he kept no stone unturned to achieve this.

He was one of the prominent leaders from Gujarat and organized different peasant movements in a non-violent way against the British rulers. He was indeed a true son of the soil whose dream was to see an integrated nation. In the present political atmosphere of the country where we heard voices from different corners contemplating to break away from the main fold, a leader of his stature is sorely missed.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

The integration of the country by the merger of more than 400 princely states after the independence and painful partition is only due to the great Sardar. Thanks to Sardar Patel, 2/3rd of Jammu & Kashmir is still with us.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Sardar Patel was one of the freedom fighter. He was the first deputy PM of independent India. He is also known as Iron man. He was layer and went to England for the studies.

I pay tribute to him on his birthday. I am glad to know about the inauguration of his statue in Gujarat.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.