You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let us remember late Potti Sriramulu.

The Andhra Pradesh State was bifurcated from the then Madras state in the year 1953 and the combined state of Andhra Pradesh formed on November 1st, 1956. This happened due to the sacrifice of a great man, Sri Potti Sriramulu. This man devoted the majority of his life to Harijan welfare work and propagation of Khadi and village industries.

Sri Sriramulu Potti started his fast on 19 October 1952 at Chennai for the formation of a separate Andhra state and died while fasting itself on the night of 15 December 1952. After his death only the then PM Nehru considered the formation of linguistic states in South India.
    But unfortunately, the Telugu speaking people couldn't go together and again the AP has been divided into two states. Today is the formation day of linguistic states.

Let us pay tributes to this great man who sacrificed his life for the welfare of the Telugu speaking people.
    Only because of Potti SriRamulu A state of Maharastra, Gujarat, ( previously called as MahaGujarat), Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamilnadu was formed. A tall statue should be constructed in South India(Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Pondy, Andaman Nicobar Islands, and TG). with a tagline the man behind the scenes for the formation of Linguistic states.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Late Sriramalu started a dangerous trend. In a multi-linguistic country like India, where, in a state, more than five languages are spoken, language can't be made the basis for re-organization of state. Late Sriramalu started his fast with a good intention, but he did not anticipate the far-reaching adverse impact of this. Nehru should have understood it, but he also failed.

It has now opened a Pandora's box and we are hearing demands for more and more states.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

All southern languages are alive because of Linguistic states formation only. Thanks to Sriramalu.
    Thanks,
    Suresh.

Contrary to the popular belief, you are not required to know Hindi for Central Government jobs. I didn't know Hindi even after five years of joining Government service. I didn't have any problem to get Government service. I got selected in five Central Government jobs without knowing Hindi. I cleared all the interviews without knowing Hindi (except one, the reason for which was my moustache and not my Hindi). My All India rank was very very high even without Hindi.

But here the thread is different. We are discussing Late Sriramalu's fast and its subsequent effect in creating the language-based states. I think the effect of his fast has not been good for the concept of integration of this country.

I am only answering your questions. You have changed the topics quite a few time. You have forgotten the main thread.

So far as I am concerned, I have deep respect for Late Sriramalu, but I don't support his demand for linguistic states. This is harmful for the integration of the country.

You are not only changing topics but also editing your previous responses, after reading my answers. But please read your own responses. Your responses are becoming meaningless.

First, think what you want to state. Then write short, simple and correct sentences.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.