The Diwali Gift Hamper: Diwali e-book challenge - write a chapter, win a cash award!It's time to start writing our Diwali e-book! Registrations have begun so those keen on participating should express their interest in that thread only. In this thread, registered participants will each submit a chapter as per the Chapter number assigned to them.
The theme of this e-book challenge is 'The Diwali Gift Hamper'.
1. Submit your chapter within 24hrs. of the time stamp of the previous chapter.
2. The text should be in English only, but you can include traditional Indian words with the meaning explained at the end of the text.
3. The text should be minimum 250 words and maximum 350 words.
4. This time there is a rule of not allowing any flashbacks/past storyline and then coming back to the present. Let the story evolve in the present only. However, you can write something like 'He remembered that once...' or 'He recalled the earlier time when she....'
5. Do not include any aspects of smoking, drugs, alcohol, weapons and the like.
1. Submit the chapter in a response in this thread only and mention the chapter number at the start of the text.
2. In case you do not submit the chapter within 24hrs., then you will forfeit the chance to write that particular chapter. You may be given a chance to participate later in the contest in case registrations are still open, but you will not be eligible for the main prizes.
3. You can include any element of mystery, humour, However, nothing inappropriate is allowed. Conversations/dialogues can be included.
4. Please do not edit your chapter once submitted, as it will create confusion for the next author if you change the story. However, you can correct a typo within your time limit.
5. Do not create confusion by changing the name of a character which is mentioned in any previous chapter, but you can include a new character if relevant to your chapter.
1. The authors of the two best chapters will each receive a cash prize of Rs.200/- and a virtual gift of the certificate of creativity.
2. Second prizes (Two) Rs.150/- + virtual gift of appreciation.
3. Third prize (Two): Rs. 100 each + virtual gift of fresh flowers.
4. A consolation prize may also be given.
5. All participants may get enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry. The winning authors will get 10 points to their entry, but no cc for it as their main prizes will be credited to their profile account.
Update at 4.50p.m. - Rule #5 has been added. Let's begin...do try to create a happy story appropriate for the festive season!