You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Diwali e-book challenge contest - problems and queries to be reported here

Those participating in the Diwali e-book challenge can clear their doubts and state any problems in this thread. The other thread is only for registrations for the contest.

Please wait for me to come online to deal with issues raised and clarify details.
    Now that the first chapter has been submitted, I would like to know whether Dr. Rao would write the second chapter, or not. Suppose, if Dr. Rao declares at 11.00 p.m. that he would not write the second chapter, then I have to write the second chapter. How much time will I get in such case?

Further, I want to be sure that the flashback won't be allowed this time. We are also not allowed to mention any weapon.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Now the first chapter has been submitted. Now it is my turn to spell out my decision and I have still some to decide on this. I want to know from the Managing Editor whether I can continue from where the first chapter ended or I have to wait for any clue from the Managing Editor.
    drrao
    always confident

Dr Rao -There was no instruction regarding any clues or elements. Just read the rules. Decide whether or not you would be writing chapter 2.

Partha - Yes, there are new rules. As I said, your time of 24hrs will start from the time Dr Rao clearly mentions here that he does not wish to write the chapter. If he does write the chapter, then you need to submit chapter 3 within 24hrs. of his chapter's submission.

Are the instructions all that confusing?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Ok. I will write chapter two and submit within 24 hours from the time the first chapter was submitted,
    drrao
    always confident

Now there is no confusion. Thanks for the clarification and announcement of Dr. Rao.

Yes. Just now I have submitted my chapter in the thread. Hope now Partha will be ready with his next chapter.
    drrao
    always confident

I have submitted my chapter now. Please note that I have used simple past tense in the entire chapter.

[I have not availed of any advantage as nothing has been announced for me.]

[I have not availed of any advantage as nothing has been announced for me.]
    - Partha - you should not be so careless and simply skim over things. Did you not read the instructions in the registration thread?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Partha,
    After posting the above response I saw that you have assigned the next chapter to Neeru Bhatt. Accordingly, I have given further instructions there.

Note: This thread is only for queries related to the contest. Participants should mention the use of the advantage in the registration thread only and not here so that the next participant will check and follow. You can also mention in the registration thread itself, if you so wish, that you have submitted your chapter, and not in this thread.

Yesterday I was extremely busy and missed the announcement relating to my advantage. But as soon as I noticed it (only today morning, well after submitting my Chapter), I mentioned it.

As per the advantage given to Partha, he asked Neeru Bhat to write chapter 4. But just now I have seen Hakimuddin has submitted Chapter 4. Is it a confusion or Neeru Bhat don't want to write. I have not seen anywhere Neeru Bhat's post to that effect. Anyhow let us wait and see for further comments from Managing Editor.
    drrao
    always confident

Partha - it is not advisable to make comments on any chapter till the results of the contest are declared.

Since Hakimuddin has written the chapter, Neeru can write the next chapter. We will wait, though, for her decision as likely she will have started the write-up after reading Partha's chapter and not that of Hakimuddin. I will mention this in the registration thread.

The decision on the validity of Hakimuddin's chapter (and on all entries) will rest with the jury panel and participants are requested not to post any comments on it.

There are two threads to follow and that might have created some confusion.

Now, Mr Hakimuddin has already submitted the story and as I have read the story extended by him so now I will be submitting my entry by extending it further.

I understand that I have to submit it within 24 hrs of submission time of Mr Hakimuddin's entry.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Alright, Neeru, thanks. Accordingly, I have mentioned this in the registration thread.

This means I have not availed of any advantage. I want the smooth progress of this interesting e-story.

Participants should note that there were clear-cut instructions in the thread for registrations -
    (i) Hence, all participants must daily follow the main contest announcement thread to follow the story and submit his/her chapter on time.
    (ii) The order in which the participants will submit their chapter will be informed in this thread, so you need to check this thread as well.

So, both threads needed to be kept track of, to know instructions and check on how the e-book's twists would unfold.

Waiting for Vandanas confirmation as per concern raised by Aditya in his response 622415,622416 in the main registration thread.

Sigh...Looks like I have done a terrible job as the contest organizer. Nobody seems to read instructions or understand anything. Sadly, this e-book is just not evolving in the systematic way it was supposed to. I hope everyone left to participate puts things back on track as far as who is writing which chapter is concerned. As for what to add, etc surely it is simple common sense that if I wanted an author to add something, then I would have clearly said so.

The contest organizer bungled again and missed out on Saji's registration! His chapter should have been there earlier, before the one submitted by Aditya. He will now write chapter 11.

• Sign In to post your comments