You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What would you choose, if you are given a choice to choose only one?

If you had to choose between two places, where one is a room full of unlimited books which you can read for free and the other is a room where you will get paid for writing, which one would you choose?

Would you find it hard to chose one from the above? As for me, it is a very tough choice to make, because both reading and writing are my passion and my soul. I may not be able to choose between the two. But still, if I had to choose between the two, I would enter the room full of books. But I am sure that after entering that room I would have a guilt of not entering the writing room!

What about you?
    I am not fond of reading and writing so I won't prefer any of the room. But if its a compulsion to enter a room then I will prefer the one which is full of books. Because I believe we gain knowledge by reading books.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Well, it's really a tough choice for me too. While I will gather a lot of knowledge from the books, at the same time I started to like writing very much after joining ISC.

Now, to write on different things and for gathering knowledge I have to read a lot. After reading different books I will get more ideas, which is going to help me a lot to write on some interesting topics.

So, first I will choose the room full of books. I hope nobody is going to lock me up there inside the room, therefore, after finishing studies on the topics of my interest I will enter the other room to write.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I have the privilege of both. I have a library at home, lined with book cupboards, stacked with books. I spend a considerable time, each day, in this room. I am also a freelance writer, and make money, writing for people.

Yet, if I were to choose one, I would pick the library at home. I am at that stage of my life where I do not need to earn a living anymore, but I write, to keep myself occupied and not so much to generate an income.

I have always been passionate about books, and not a day ends, without me reading a few chapters of a book. I have said this before, there is always a book on my bedside table. My entire family is into reading – and this habit was inculcated in me during my childhood. My husband and daughter are equally passionate about reading/books.

I will be in a happy place, in a book room.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

If there is only one choice, then I will choose reading library room.
    I am now not under any compulsion or need to earn by writing. But I may not get such a ready opportunity to read so many books at one place and at one time.Moreover,books can also be best companions when we are alone.

When I was In my high school, I had an opportunity of going to the Govt library which was a very big one and had a huge collections of books. It was free for us and we started our journey of reading from there itself.

I do not remember how many books I had read during the course of next 8-9 years but I found myself well aware with world history, politics and literature. Thereafter I moved out to other places in connection with my jobs but wherever I went I found some library and I enjoyed reading all sort of books from religious to science fiction.

Anyway, about 15-20 years back I started writing and slowly my reading habits started decreasing.

One surprising thing which I noticed was that I was writing on varied subjects with same ease. Probably the reason was my extensive book reading habit in the past and whatever I read was preserved in my mind in some form and then It was coming out in my writings in other form.

So the credit of my creative output completely goes to my reading habit. I have firm faith that reading is the best way of educating oneself.

So coming to the choosing of the option out of the above two, I will go for writing.

Reading was my hobby, writing is my passion.

Knowledge is power.

I am very much interested in reading. I like reading over writing. So definitely I will go to the room with books and I will be there for some time to read books of my interest. Whenever I get time I go on reading various topics particularly in the subject of interest and I will try to make notes of important points so that I will not lose track of what I read. So I make it a point to go into the room full of books with a notebook and pencil and I will be writing simultaneously while reading. Once I finish reading then I can write on the topics I read based on my knowledge obtained by reading the books.
    drrao
    always confident

My hobby is to watch the live shows & I am not passionate much about reading but on the other hand I am interested into earning little extra money if possible & therefore in the present context I would opt for the other room where I will get paid for writing.

Both the choices are quite tempting for me but if I have to select one, I will go for books. There is no substitute of the books and the joy of reading a book leisurely in the afternoon is unparalleled pleasure.

Books are the real companion. They give us so much knowledge and insight into the human behaviour that we learn a lot of things from them without interacting with the outer world.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments