You must Sign In to post a response.
(This thread bags Special Prize in the TOW contest for the week 4th -10th Nov’18)
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If crackers were grown on trees!

We all are curious. Curious about what is happening around us, curious to follow what others are doing, curious to know about updates and posts in different social media platforms. We spend some time regularly on different happenings for this curiosity. If any new term is coined that is going to impact our lives directly, then it can become the hot topic.

This Diwali, the new term for many of us is the "Green Cracker". There are many interpretations of this term in social media and even the children are curious to know what it is all about. This Diwali, I asked one kid to give me some crackers to burst. He told me, "Uncle you know they are not selling green crackers this time so can't give you now". I told him whether he knows what Green Cracker is and if they are not available this time why he himself is bursting the same? He replied there is a concession for kids everywhere and police will not do anything to him since he is a child.

On asking about Green Crackers he said, he is not sure but thinks Green Crackers are those that grow on fields/trees like Green Vegetables. I thought, it would have been nice if there was an option to pluck crackers from the trees.
    The child's innocent reply is based on his perception of green which is connected with greenery around.

It is good that he knows that such thing exists and can be used if available.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

These days kids are very intelligent. They are observing what is going around. They now all the latest issues also and they know how to use them to their advantage. These days all elders in the houses talk about green vegetables, organic foods and organic fertilisers. Probably that kid might have heard some of the discussions about green crackers. So he used that point for not accepting your request.
    In the streets, we see many plants with flowers. Nobody will feed them with water. But while going and coming that way they always try to pluck the flowers. In the same way, if firecrackers are growing on the trees, everybody will try to pluck them every day and try to consume them. That will increase the pollution problem. I just want to remind that all the products from the trees and plants are not organic or green.

drrao
    always confident

That was a very smart answer by the kid. That's wrong that people are unaware of green crackers. This is not the kid's fault, it's his parents fault who did not tell him about the same. Today when debates are going on for not polluting environment in such case people should be aware of what green crackers are.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Haha if crackers grew on trees, every forest fire ever would be much more devastating. I like the kid's simple answer. Green or not, all crackers are serious problem causers. This Diwali so many bystanders got hurt. They were just looking at fireworks. Most injured their face.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments