You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

What is your favourite TV channel?

Having the TV connected to the Dish or local cable network, now we have so many channels covering 24 x 7 entertainment, news, wild life, religious and Food and so on. Thus we can tune to more than 260 channels. But sure, none of us tune all the channels but to our faovourite ones when time permits to us.

Earlier times, the DD channels seemed to be boring with stereotyped anchoring and poor quality of production. But DD has the record of telecasting the great Epics Ramayan and Mahabharat and entertainment shows like Waghle ki Dunia making all the family members to sit together. Now scenario has changed. Yet, we have some favourite channels as per our taste.

Star plus, Colors, Zee TV, Sony still continue with some good shows and enjoy the confidence of audience. The Fox Life channel is latest liking of many as it gives us the 2 in 1 benefit of showing different locations and making of various Food stuffs. But the News channels are making us bore-some and they appear to have diversified reflections from audience.

What is your take on this?
    When I have the time I wish to watch the live debates in various news channels & if got bored of these than it's good to go ahead with the movies in YouTube.com & in case of some tense environment, I want to use the light TV episodes. While on the net you have got all sorts of information & entertainment with almost & often free of cost but depending upon the mood I wish to go for the programs accordingly because sometime I prefer to watch some spiritual uploads which let me feel good.

Nowadays, I do not watch television on a regular basis. But when I start watching, generally I begin with the national news channels. I surf few of the news channels to see if they are telecasting anything new and then start channel surfing .

I keep on surfing to find interesting programs and when I find something very interesting, I stick to that channel for sometime. I like few of the channels that telecast film music. Movies are always my favourite if I have enough time, otherwise I mostly listen to music and news.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I don't watch TV much these days moreover my wife and kids don't allow me to watch i like. When i am alone i like watching movie channels like zee movies, HBO, star movies etc. On normal days I have to watch colours, star plus and zee tv as all of them like to watch daily soaps and serials.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

In our family none of us are interested in watching TV these days. But when there is any cricket match myself and my sons will watch the live match on sports channel. Sometimes when some special issues are there I like to watch news channel. My wife sometimes tunes the devotional channels in Telugu.
    I like Etv of Telugu very much. The news from this channel are very accurate and there are no imaginations. We can rely on the news items from this channel. The way in which they conduct programmes based on music is also very interesting. The famous Singer S P Balasubrahmayam's musical programmes are very well organised and I prefer watching them. But many times I miss due to other activities.

drrao
    always confident

I like zeetv very much. One of the best channel hosting very good programs.

I am not addicted to any particular channels or with the programs but depends on what I intend to have. For instance & when I had enough of political debates in the various news channels I shifted to some Hollywood movies & when I had enough of those then I wanted to have some old melodies or with some spiritual uploads in the YouTube.com. If we take a note then we don't have different subject in the recent debates other than religion conflicts with the same political conversations throughout & in between we needed a break with some change.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.