You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

We missed a sweet day at ISC

Last week, through a newspaper, I came to know that 14th November is celebrated as 'Rosogolla Day' by the people from West Bengal. On 14th November, I wanted to post a message on this sweet day but I failed.

Do you know about this day? What is the connection between West Bengal's Rosogolla Day and 14th November?
    On this day a year ago, West Bengal won the patent war against Orissa. It is now accepted that Rosogolla is a product of Bengal. So, this day is celebrated as Rosogolla Day.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Good information, I never know about this patent war. Thanks to the author for the information.
    drrao
    always confident

To celebrate the 1st anniversary of receiving the GI tag for Bengal's Rosogolla, the government has announced to mark the day as 'Rosogolla Day'. It was celebrated with much fanfare in few of the renowned sweet shops in Kolkata .

There is a 'Mishti Hub' in the New Town area, that was inaugurated in this year itself and on that special day the hub was so overcrowded that they couldn't serve few of the orders in time. The 'Mishti Hub' is a place where renowned sweetmeat makers from around the city came under one roof and since inception it is gaining popularity.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

It is a new information for me. It is interesting to note that there is a day like that called Rosogolla day.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

And so we have a war already on the patent of Food as well & so would it be possible that some day the South of India will also come in the patent war in Idli-Dosa. However interesting information from the Partha Sir.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.