You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why do some people hide their age?

Ageing is a natural phenomenon and age is a parameter of living beings. When we come across other people or during social chit chats people often enquire about the age of each other and mostly people reply and tell their correct age.

I have observed that some people do not reply such query asking their age and will divert your attention to something else and will simply escape the query and not answer it. They simply want to hide their age from others. Though we can always make a good guess about their age but sometimes it may be quite different from the actual one.

Have you come across such people (male or female) who hide their age and do not want to share it with others?

I do not understand why some people hide their age?
    [Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

This can be related to the human psychology & this should make no differences to anyone. The reason could be in case of feeling insecure of anything or the accomplishments are not in accordance to the age. In one of the other reasons, the asked individual has taken it question lightly or is not serious or might be feeling intimidated or uninterested.

It is very common. People want to be young always. They never like getting called as grandpa and grandma. They want to be called as Uncle and aunty only, So they will always want to present themselves as less aged than their real age. When you ask the age if they tell you their correct age you may think that the other person is old. So they will never try to answer questions regarding their age. Some people who retired will say that in records their age is shown higher that is why they are retired. I have seen many people like this.
    There is a saying in Telugu. One should not ask the age of a female and the salary of a male. But these days both are applicable to both the genders. We should not ask the age and income of either male or female. Whether we answer or not it is not difficult for the other person to estimate the age of the other person.
    Some old people I have seen in villages, they don't even have their date of birth certificate or their year of birth record.

drrao
    always confident

Some people want to show that they are younger and in that endeavour they hide their age so that the people guess their age wrongly.

I do not see any advantage in hiding one's age though some parents follow this practice at the time of negotiating the marriages of their children.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Now the moral values and appearance are changing, for some people, more internal qualities are valued, therefore the promotion of beauty and youth overshadows the mind for those who want to stay young.

Because they think if they reveal their actual age they won't be liked by young people. Young people prefer a group of young people in such case they'll be out from their group.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• Sign In to post your comments