You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Congratulations! Mary Kom for winning gold in World Boxing Championship

She has done it again. The pride of India, the golden girl from Kangathei has again won the gold. This is for the sixth time. She earlier did it in 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008 and in 2010. She again came back from retirement and has won the gold in the World Boxing Championship after 8 long years. In this tournament, this indomitable boxer boxed her way to the final. Today, in New Delhi, she defeated Hana Okhota of Ukraine in 48 kg category 5-0. The result reflects how convincingly she has won.

I salute this great lady with three children. She has again come back after a very long absence. Now, like all Indians, I expect an Olympic gold from her.

Congratulations! Mary Kom.
    Congratulations Mary Kom! She has proved it yet again with her performance in the World Boxing Championship and created history by moving into the top of the list of most title victories.

A strong determination and fearless attitude helped her to achieve this and all of us expect a lot more sparkling performances from her in the Olympics.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

It is very nice to know Marie Kom won the world boxing title. A lady with children who returned to the field after a long gap won the title and showed her grip on the skill. It is very nice to know that she defeated Hana Okhota of Ukraine. I hope she will definitely win the gold in the Olympics. My congratulations to her and I wish her all the best in the coming olympics.
    drrao
    always confident

She has done India proud again. Congratulations Mary Kom! It is indeed heartening to see this determined lady making it Gold after the break. She has clear ideas about herself and is well planned about the moves she should be making.
    “Give instructions only to those people who seek knowledge after they have discovered their ignorance.”-Confucius

A great news and very motivating for our sports person.

Whenever our sportsman or sportswoman wins a medal it is a matter of proud for all of us.

Congratulations Mary Com and wish you all the best in your future matches.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congrats to this great lady. She has proved it that girls are no way behind boys. She has done proud to us. It's not easy for a woman to be a world champion at this age and after having three children. Hats off to this lady and her husband too who is so supportive of her.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I humbly object to the statement: "She has proved it that girls are no way behind boys." In fact, no Indian boy can claim such tremendous achievement in the international sports arena.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Sanjeev, let us learn to celebrate a victory as it is without being concerned about gender which is immaterial. Mary Kom has achieved something that we all should be proud of. Please do not come up with further explanations in this connection; let us leave the point here.
    “Give instructions only to those people who seek knowledge after they have discovered their ignorance.”-Confucius

It would be nice if members would take the trouble to get spellings of names correctly. The lady is not a portal. Are members merely copy-pasting from another member's response?

Happy to know that Mary Kom not only won the gold medal and created history by becoming the World Amateur Boxing champion for the sixth time but was also adjudged as the best pugilist in this championship meet. A wonderful hat-trick of achievements. Congratulations to her!

By the way, her full name is Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I sincerely apologize for this grave mistake in the spelling of the name of Mary Kom. Thank you Vandana Ma'am for pointing this out and I really feel sorry about this.

I do not know how I overlooked it but anyhow it's a serious mistake and since I was the first one to respond to this thread, many members may have followed the erroneous spelling that I wrote. Now, I have corrected it.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Sankalan, you were not the first one. The title of the thread itself carried the wrong spelling (before correction) and you might have typed out the same without checking the correct spelling. Such names are almost imprinted in the minds of anyone who reads a newspaper or follows a news and so we need to be careful.

• Sign In to post your comments