You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Karnataka

Veteran Kannada actor and former Union Minister Amabarish dies of heart attack!

A former Union Minister in UPA -II Government and also noted Kannada actor Amabarish died of heart attack last night at the age of 66. He was a three time MP from Mandya constituency and also served as a state Minister in Siddharamaiah Government. He acted in 200 films in Kannada and other Southern languages and a very close friend of popular actors Rajanikant, Mohanbabu and Vishnuvardhan. A man with gentle approach, popularly known to Kannadigas as a Rebel star resigned from the cabinet of Dr. Manmohan Singh on Cauvery water issue which acaused an embarrassment to the UPA at that time. He is survived by a son and wife, the popular actress Sumalatha.

May his soul rest in peace!
    Yes. I have seen this news in the paper. An actor and politician with good nature and ethics. May his soul rest in peace. My sympathies to Sumalata and family.
    drrao
    always confident

I take this opportunity to pay my respects to the departed soul. May his soul Rest in Peace! Though he concentrated in the Kannada film industry and holds the credit of having acted as hero in the most number of films in Kannada, he has acted in other South Indian languages including Malayalam too. He is more familiar to Malayalis as the husband of one of the most successful heroines of yesteryear Malayalam movies, Sumalatha.
    “Give instructions only to those people who seek knowledge after they have discovered their ignorance.”-Confucius

I pay homage to the departed soul. I wish the soul rest in peace. Sad dismiss by heartattack after serviceing the nation through entertainment and the politics.
    Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

I read the news on the net. That's a sad new. Hope his soul rest in peace. I have not seen any of his movies. But as you mentioned he had acted in more than 200 movies so it seems he was a popular actor.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I know that Mr. Ambareesh has been a very famous personality of Kannad filmdom. His death has harmed the Kannad film-industry.

May his soul rest in peace.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Kannada actor Amabarish was having a great fan following and was a versatile personality.

It is sad that he is no more. I also join to pray for the departed soul and pay my condolences.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

The Kannada actor Ambarish is no more and has left a void in the Kannada art and film industry.

He was not only an actor but also a successful politician chairing many important posts. He was well appreciated by his fans and there was a large number of them who have attended his funeral.

I pray for the peace of departed soul.

Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.