You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

26th November- Constitution Day (Samvidan Diwas)!

Today, 26 November 2018, is the Constitution Day i.e. 'Samvidhan Diwas' in Hindi. Our Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India on 26 Nov. 1949 and it came into effect on the 26 January 1950.

Members, please rise to this occasion and pay respects to the holy book of our country by pledging ourselves to be responsible and dutiful citizens. This Constitution has been successful in keeping the country united amidst all diversity since Independence. I am thankful to the members of the Constituent Assembly and the drafting chairman, Dr. B R Ambedkar, who is the Architect of the Indian Constitution. The Constitution Day is also known as the National Law Day. Join me to celebrate the Day.
    The Constitution of India is the guiding light for our democracy. The citizens of India should respect the Constitution and follow it to live in harmony and peace. I pay my respects to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, who as the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee was the Architect of the Indian Constitution. I pay my respects to all the members of the Constitution Drafting Committee for their effort to prepare the Constitution of India and guiding one of the largest democracies in the world.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

26th November, 1949. This is the day when the Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India. The functioning of Governments (Union Government, State Governments), Judiciary and Executive is in accordance with the Constitution of the country, as amended from time to time.

While we observe this day, we must not forget that the Constituion of the country is amenable and till date, there have been 101 Amendments to the Indian Constituion. If found necessary, the Constituion will be amended again and again.

So, on this day, instead of blindly showing respect to the Constitution, we must critically analyze the important document, find out the grey areas and discuss it academically and in every forum for betterment. This is necessary for the people of the country.

This is my personal opinion.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Today is the Constitution Day (Samvidan Diwas). On this day let us pay our respects to Dr B.R. Ambedkar, Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee and other members of the committee. They struggled hard and made a good document to see that democracy will prevail in our country. They have given a chance to the government to amend the same based on the prevailing conditions and as deemed fit from time to time. They have done their best. Of course, later the politicians are amending the document as required keeping the vote bank in mind.
    As Indians let all of us respect the document which is making the democracy to continue in our country. I wish all the best to all the members of ISC on this day.

drrao
    always confident

Article 368 of our constitution is a feature provided to cope with the challenges faced by the country from time to time. This totally depends on the working of the government and the perspective of the political parties. Constitution in itself is a masterpiece. How we use this masterpiece is totally dependent on the political standard of the country. So if it is in bad hand it produces a bad result and if it is not the good hand so the result. So the onus comes in our hand to choose the right government which has the concern of main topics. The fundamentals of our constitution are very strong that can't be changed because it talks about the people's welfare and to safeguard the freedom of every individual.
    Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.