Dual Role Interview Contest - you question, you answer, you win!We recently had a topic-based contest based on the concept of an interview. Taking this same core concept, here's a unique one – you will play the dual role of interviewer and interviewee.
What you have to do: Given below is a list of people of whom you will be having a fictitious interview. You will submit 3 questions which you will ask the person. Then, you take on the role of the interviewee. That is, how would you respond if you were asked those questions? An example is given in a response below.
Select only one from these:
1. A successful author of a book (not a Kindle edition or any other kind of online book).
2. A helicopter pilot with over 10 years of experience.
3. An Indian Navy cadet who has successfully completed his training stint at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala.
4. A kindergarten school teacher who is about to retire.
5. A photographer who has won an international award.
6. A rural folk musician who has won acclaim.
1. Questions and answers should be in English only.
2. An answer should be brief and concise as is the case with an interview, though no limit as such on the minimum and maximum no. of words.
3. Only one entry per member is allowed. Submit your entries in: Discussion ForumsAbout IndiaStudyChannelCompetition Entries. Put the word 'interview' in the title. Then submit the URL of the thread in a response to this thread to be eligible for the prizes. You may edit your entry at any time before the close of the contest for correcting spelling, grammar and typos. However, you cannot edit to change any question or answer.
4. Early bird benefit: The members who submit their entries first will benefit because those who submit later cannot ask the same questions already submitted, whether it is the same person selected from the list or another one. For example, if one member has already asked "Why did you choose this career as a photographer?" another member cannot ask this same question whether selecting the same option of a photographer or another person or ask something similar like "What inspired you to take up writing?"
1. You may, if you so wish, give one (not more) relevant link to any other internal page of ISC.
2. Please mention at the end of your interview thread that it is an entry for the Dual Role Interview Contest and give a link to this thread.
3. Other members are welcome to respond to the interview entry threads. Members can even generate a discussion on the selected person's career.
1. The best interview overall, in terms of the queries asked and answered, will win a cash award of Rs.200/-. In case there are two equally worthy entries, then each will get this award.
2. The second prize will be a cash award or Rs.150/- (two prizes).
3. Consolation prizes of Rs.100/- may be given to up to three entries.
Closing date for submission of entries: 30th November 2018.
Remember: try to come up with some unique questions and not the same mundane kind and, as an interviewee, how you would answer those questions in a way which makes your answers stand out. A unique title will also be considered for judging the entry and giving additional points and cc later.
Important Update: It should be a fictitious interview with a fictitious person and not of actual people, past or present.