You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why is punishment given?

Generally, it is stated that punishment is given to correct a person who commits a mistake. However, the criminologists say that this generally doesn't happen in reality. Repeated punishment makes a person a hardcore criminal.

In a Forum post, a discussion was going on the Shri Ram Statue at Ayodhya. An Editor has deleted two of my responses. Not only that, he/she has deducted 20 points as a punitive measure. Why did the Editor do this? Does he/she think that by doing so I oppose Shri Ram statue? Does he/she think that by doing this I would bow down my head and accept the insult and ridicule heaped upon me?

But I will prove that the theory of the criminologists correct. Let me post some more issues which are more controversial. Let me post some more items which the Editors always want to put under the carpet.
    In real life, the punishment is given to correct a person and to give a lesson to others that if they too do the same thing they will also be punished like this person but usually, people don't learn from their past mistakes and others dont scare of the punishment.

Here if your responses were deleted that may be because they were not relevant and maybe against the ISC rules. We should not question the editors because they know what content they have to delete and what not.

It's not that the editors think you will bow down and will change your mind about the construction of Ram Mandir.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Mr. Gupta: Let us not go to the region of uncertainty. 'May', 'might', 'maybe', etc. would not work anymore. Clear-cut reason for -20 points is required.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Clear cut clarification can be given by the editors only. We can only speculate only.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Please refer to the Zero tolerance policy.

This thread, which itself is not in good taste, is being locked now.

“Give instructions only to those people who seek knowledge after they have discovered their ignorance.”-Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.