You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How we used to wish our teacher during our school days?

I still remember that our class teacher often got irritated with the way in which we wished them of anything. If I tell you then this used to be the best of songs which we sung unintentionally,

"Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddd Moooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingggggggggggggggggggg Teeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddd

While the teacher replied as, "very gud mrng, sit down.

Then we again continued with our song as, "Thhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkk yyyyyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Teeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddd

Do you feel the same with you too?
    I studied in Telugu Medium government school up to my SSC. Then I studied my Intermediate in Government Junior College in Telugu Medium. Then I went to PR Government College for B.Sc in English Medium. Then I went to AU Colleges of Science and Engineering Colleges for my M.Sc and PhD respectively. Throughout my studies in these, institutes we never greeted teachers when they come to the class. We used to get up and stand in the seat, as soon as the teacher enters the class and sit after he sits in his seat and asked us to sit. This is the practice. But we used to greet the teacher when he/ she appears for the first time of the day outside the class.
    So I have no experience in singing a song to greet the teacher when he enters the class.

drrao
    always confident

The same way we used to wish our teacher and they used to get irritated and asked us not to wish like this but I think we all had that habit of wishing our teacher like that way only.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

In our times or the school where I was studying, it was not like that. We usually did not greet him. As soon as he entered a pin drop silence took place and that itself was at that time probably a way of wishing him. It is a different thing that if we met him outside the classroom we will individually wish him with folded hands and a humble 'Namste'.

During that time we were in fact afraid of our teachers as our mind was totally in the things which were going to happen then like checking of home work and while teaching he may ask question to anyone and to that extent everyone was very alert.

We were also not told in those times that you should greet the teacher in that fashion. This may be a subsequent ettiquette matter addition in the schools.

Knowledge is power.

Yes I remember greeting our teachers that way- "singing a never ending good morning". However this was in practice till our higher primary classes, later, the teachers were also strict and we too understood, how irritating it is. Still those days are memorable and feeling crazy about it now.

Additionally, the tamil YouTube channels, whichever depicting the school concept,bringing in this greeting style to recall those memories.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Generally, when the teacher entering the room pupil say good morning. It is a traditional part of our school. In one of the school, I worked where the pupil greet their Telugu teacher as "Shubodayam". Greeting the teacher depends on learning how to greet the teacher himself.

• Sign In to post your comments