You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Link of tear-jerker shows server error

The topic for the month TOW contest 'tear-jerker', I had submitted my write-up a few days ago. The title of my write-up is, Sweetest memory of Kolkata visit is a tear-jerker, which is now showing server error. I have posted a clickable link in the contest thread, and today when I tried to go to my post through the clickable link, it shows server error. It is like this:

404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

What does it mean? Why is it removed?

It will be good if someone explains to me because I am confused.
    Shampa Sadhya,

The error message was showing as you had not put the HTML tags correctly, forgetting the " at the beginning, just after the =. I have corrected it for you. Don't worry about it.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

#Vandana Thank you very much. I was unable to understand the problem. By the way, earlier the link was working fine. Even some members commented upon it, but today it didn't work.

May I ask you another question? Suppose, I have submitted a write-up for a contest, then, am I allowed to edit my work before the contest result?

shampasaid

No, Shampa, you should not edit a contest entry before or after the result. Though this is not written in black and white per se, it would be unethical and improper to edit it before and doing so after the result may also create confusion if it then is seen that the entry was fiddled with later. In a few contests, such as creative writing contests, it may be specifically mentioned in the instructions that one can edit the entry to correct typos, grammar and spellings only and not the core content.

One exception - In the case of an article contest, one can edit the article before the closing date to add more details or remove something which one feels should not be there. This is possible for articles' contests as the jury panel will check the entries only after all the articles have been approved and are not in pending status. After the contest closes, even if the article is still open for editing, one should not change anything until the winners are announced. Once the winners are announced, if the article is locked for editing and one wishes to change something, then a request via a forum thread can be made and the article will be unlocked.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

#Vandana once again thank you very much for the detailed explanation. It cleared all the doubts.
    shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.