You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Conveying 'thanks' on completing 2 active and vibrant years in ISC

I was retired from the active services in the year 2012 and since then I was busy in my reading and writing habits. Due to these interests, the internet was the ideal place for me to surf and contribute whatever I could.

Being a technical person from a science background I am already contributing in sites like oges.info and researchgate.net and also have a presence in sites like wikipedia.org, hubpages.com, and wordpress.com. I am sometimes contributing in Wikipedia as a volunteer editor.

Unfortunately, since my early childhood I was not keeping a good health and have undergone surgeries as well and still suffering from ailments which have much restricted my outdoor activities and long travels etc and I am more or less confined to my virtual world where also I have to take breaks after each an hour or so.

Two years back, I came across this site (ISC) and it's sister site techulator.com which I joined one after the other and in spite of the apprehensions of my bad health, I have completed 2 active and creatively satisfying years here.

I really enjoyed this journey and learned many things here and thank the volunteering editors who are taking a lot of efforts in helping the members to improve their creative skills.

So, today on completing 2 years, through this thread I want to convey a courteous 'thanks' to all the members, editors and the webmaster who have made this place such a vibrant creative hub.
    Congrats Umesh Ji for completing 2 years on this site. Yes, it's not easy to work continuously when you have undergone lots of surgeries i understand.

These days there are lots of things to do on the internet which may earn you some money also but for that one should know to operate a computer.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I congratulate the author for completing 2 years of his presence on this website. I regularly read his posts and I am happy that his contributions are value additions to this ISC. I wish he will have a happy and healthy future and continue contributing on this site. I look forward to having many more posts from him which will be educative and useful to all the other members of the site.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations Umesh! Happy to see your very fruitful journey at ISC and the prestigious Star of the Year award for 2017 is a testimony to your quality contributions to our site. Kudos to you as well for keeping yourself active and maintaining a positive frame of mind despite various health issues. Wishing you good health and joy in whatever activity you take up - keep up that zest and cheerful spirit!
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Often we only come to know about the time when it is already have passed or we have reached to a certain part of it & so is the case with me too. By next Month I too would be completing my one year in the ISC. Sometimes it is surprising for me to take notes of such milestones but this is what is the interesting part of our lives. By the way, I wish the author for this important milestone with best wishes in context of health also. May we all be enlightened with such personalities around us, be it off-line or on-line.

Congratulations Umesh Sir! Your valuable contributions are enriching all of us. Though you have some health issues, since you are enjoying contributing here and on some other websites you are mentally very much relaxed. When you do things that you enjoy, you get enough mental satisfaction and that is what keeps us moving. It is applicable to everybody and there are many instances where people forget their physical pain just by keeping themselves engaged with their passion.

Carry on your good work in ISC with extra zeal and I am sure you will be much relaxed. Even it may help you to reduce many of your health complications. I wish you good health and hope to see more such interesting contributions in the coming days.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Generally, after retirement, people want to engage their time by spending in interesting activities. Moreover, this site is intended to such people to give their experiences to the coming generations of people. I think that ISC is the platform for such activities. I wish your health is always to be right by giving valuable postings in ISC.

Congratulations Umesh on your completing a successful and fruitful two years with ISC! And I thank you for being a valuable and well-balanced contributor to different sections during this period. Hope to see you maintaining the same positive spirit and continuing with the same zeal in this site for many more years to come. Wishing you good health and all the best in whatever activity you involve yourself in!
    'Any fool can know. The point is to understand."- Albert Einstein

Congratulations!Sir. I wish you good health too. It is always good to keep your brain active, and the internet has numerous option to remain intellectually active. In between do take required rest because non-stop screen exposure becomes hectic. Take care and all the best!
    shampasaid

Congratulations and Best Wishes on this occasion.

The mention of a few points about your personal side, only enhanced my regards and appreciations towards you and your posts.

Wish you many more years of active association with ISC.

Congratulations to you on completion of two years in ISC. You are one of the valuable contributors here and your balanced approach in forum discussions make you people to look at you to know your say on the topic. Also your presence in other sections too, AE in particular, with your knowledge and wisdom is quite commendable. All the best and hope you would continue with same zeal.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Thank you, Mr. Umesh, for joining this informative channel which take every member to different topics and make him (her) know something new. Though your contributions have only two years' length, they are worth years' value. Please do continue with your valuable suggestions and contributions. I am sure your health can withstand it. Regards from an elder brother!
    tmsankaran

Thanks everyone for nice words of appreciation and encouragement. I am really happy to get so many positive and motivating responses to this post.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments