You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

This is the real story of my stepmother. Last year once she was sitting with my wife she realised a lump in her armpit. She showed it to my wife and my wife asked her to concern a doctor but she ignored it. In a few days, this lump increased in size and I was scared when I saw it. But my father was not as he said this is an ordinary lump and will get cure by itself. I was reluctant and took her to a doctor where nothing was diagnosed in the report.

We were worried as the doctor advised her for biopsy. She went through biopsy and several other tests which did not confirm if she is suffering from breast cancer.

My father lost the hope and was not able to think what should be done. This is when I started searching for a good oncologist. We went to approximately 4-5 doctors and took their opinion but still were not able to decide from where to start the treatment.

My mother was totally depressed and fear could be seen easily on her face. Then one of my relatives suggested a doctor. We went to him and this doctor was amazing as he was so polite and so nicely he explained about the disease and its treatment.

He motivated my mother and asked her not scare of the disease there is a treatment of the same and she will get fine soon. After talking to this doctor a hope and happiness on the face of my mother could be seen easily. And after the rounds of chemotherapy, radiations and surgery she is fine now.

It was so amazing to see her now. She fought well with the disease and leading a good life now.

I often remember a saying " where there is a will there is a way" when go back to that moment.

This is my TOW entry for a short story writing contest on idioms and phrase.
    The saying is true. The darkest hour is just before the dawn. If you can with stand your peak of problems you will get back your happiness and problems will get sorted out. Sometimes many of us will take certain issues very lightly but we work hard to come out of it when it has become difficult. When we have some health problems immediately if we take care of that we will be happy. But sometimes we neglect and when it has become chronic we may go to a doctor. It may get cured but after suffering a lot.
    drrao
    always confident

Persistent efforts lead to results and in this case same thing has happened. If a person is cured of such ailments in old ages it is a big achievement as the treatments sometimes do not give desired results in such old patients.

The story has a good moral lesson and it tells us that if we want to do something then a strong will is required to go ahead and other things will fall in place accordingly.

Knowledge is power.

The motivation worked here which helped the author's mother to regain the willpower to get well. Yes, when people have a strong will to achieve something they get it. It is applicable everywhere and staying strong during any health issues boost up the patient mentally.

The strong will always work as a morale booster and the same happened here in this story. A good description by the author that shows why a strong will is important in difficult situations.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.