You must Sign In to post a response.
Let's have some fun with the year ending and welcome the new year with a lengthy e-book! Register in this thread to be an author of one chapter of a fascinating e-book which will unravel a story for children.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Christmas-New Year e-book contest - registrations invited

Time to end 2018 and begin 2019 with a bang! Let's have another creatively written e-book, with a sweet, charming story for children. No goons, murder and violence!

Taking the input from the previous e-book contest about the confusion created by various threads, we will have more clarity this time around. Registrations will be put in this thread, the chapter number to be written by which author also mentioned here and also all queries answered here only. The instruction to the chapter authors will be put in the main announcement thread. This will be kept simple, with each author given one element to put in the text of his/her chapter after the submission of the previous chapter. So participants will need to follow only two threads - this one and the main announcement thread - and submit their chapter once I have mentioned which element.

The topic for the e-book will be mentioned later when the announcement is made once at least six to seven members put in their registrations in this thread. The last date for registrations to be closed will be announced later in this thread.

So let's see some quick registrations please - just post a response to this thread, stating that you wish to write a chapter. However, note that if you are unable to write a chapter in this week, then please do not register right away, You can register later, as we may have a many-paged e-book this time!
    I am interested in writing a chapter for the christmas story.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Wow the most awaited contest is back. I am interested in contributing.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Hi madam, pls consider my nomination for writing chapters for this which shall amaze the children to infinity.
    "Whatever may be the situation of the forest,
    a Lion would never eat Grass!"

Count me in, would love to participate.

Glad to see four early registrations. Hope more members sign up soon.

(An aside- Aditya, your 'Wow' brought a smile to my face. You're a chip off the old block! Perhaps your Dad will resume forum participation soon.)

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I am also interested to participate in the contest if given a chance. It is good to participate in such competitions which will improve our writing skills.
    drrao
    always confident

I am also interested to write a chapter for the e-book.

I am also interested to write a chapter for the e-book.
    shampasaid

It was an interesting contest during Diwali. This time also I am interested to write a chapter for the e-book.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

As a good number of registrations have come in, we can now put the order in which the authors will write the first lot of chapters -
    Chapter 1: Neelam
    Chapter 2: Aditya Mohan
    Chapter 3: Naveen Ramamurthy
    Chapter 4: Neethu
    Chapter 5: Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao

The contest announcement will be made soon, with the topic for the e-book and the rules and general instructions.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

We are good to go! The e-book contest has been announced. For each author, to make it challenging, I will mention two elements which need to be included in the chapter. Each author should wait for me to come online and mention the elements in the main contest announcement thread and then submit his/her chapter within 24hrs. of my response there.

This time, to keep a level playing field, we would be giving equivalent cash awards to the best chapters - we'll see how this works out for future such contests, instead of giving top prizes and consolation prizes. Please read all rules and instructions and follow this thread, too, to keep a track of things so that your entry does not become invalid.

Have fun!

Hi, Is the registration still open? I would like to participate, kindly count me in.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Hi, I am willing to register myself if it is still open!
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

This time, I too am eager to participate. Hope, I get the opportunity.

@ Naveen Ramamurthy, nice to see you back.

Patience and perseverance pays

Registrations will remain open till it is specifically mentioned in this thread as closed. Accordingly, the next five chapters after that of Dr. Rao will be authored by:
    Chapter 6: Suman Sahu
    Chapter 7: Shampa Sadhya
    Chapter 8: Sankalan Bhattacharya
    Chapter 9: Srimathi
    Chapter 10: Padmini
    Chapter 11: Dhruv

Hi,
    I do not know whether it is possible or not but still would like to request to prepone my chapter.
    Actually, I will be out of town after 25th Dec, so request you to allow me to write my chapter before that.
    Although I requested the decision of the organizer will be accepted open heartedly.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Please find my nomination for the contest.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Padmini,

To be fair to all, since chapters are assigned in the order of the registrations, it would not be possible to prepone for anyone. In case you are unable to submit your chapter at your assigned time, then the next author will take it up. So even if you are out of town, you could try to submit the chapter.

Since Naveen missed out on submitting his chapter, note the re-assigned chapter numbers -
    Chapter 3: Neethu (submitted)
    Chapter 4: Dr. Rao
    Chapter 5: Suman Sahu
    Chapter 6: Shampa Sadhya
    Chapter 7: Sankalan Bhattacharya
    Chapter 8: Srimathi
    Chapter 9: Padmini
    Chapter 10: Dhruv
    Chapter 11: Sanjeev Gupta

I am late to register but interested to take part in this ebook writing. Please consider my name also. Thanks.
    Knowledge is power.

May I join the New year e-book story-writing team and submit a chapter, if you and time permit?
    No life without Sun

We will be closing registrations tonight so till then members are welcome to express their interest in submitting a chapter.

I want to take part in the ebook contest.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

@Vandana According to the rules of this contest, one should not change the title of the chapter. I want to make a minor change in the title that is for chapter 6, the title given by me is "An interesting experience". I simply want to change it into plural as, The interesting experiences.

Do I have the permission to do so?

shampasaid

Shampa, leave the title as it is.

Padmini has missed, so my turn I hope.
    Patience and perseverance pays

With Padmini unable to submit her chapter, the re-assigned chapter numbers are as follows -
    Chapter 9: Dhruv
    Chapter 10: Sanjeev Gupta
    Chapter 11: Umesh
    Chapter 12: Sun
    Chapter 13: Neeru Bhatt (ending chapter)

Respected ME Vandana,
    I deeply regret to inform my inability to write Chapter 12, owing to my urgent domestic commitments from 01 January 2018. I will be away from my home without any gadget to log in to ISC. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No life without Sun

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Sun,
    It's alright. Neeru will write Chapter 12, which will end the e-book.

Sorry for the delay in putting in the elements for the next chapter though I was online the past two days. I had completely forgotten about this e-book contest!! Will put in the next chapter's elements right away.

#656036:
    During the new year celebrations, it is difficult to adhere to the schedules perfectly. Everyone will have some delay in something somewhere. Even I was feeling a bit sluggish but it was a blessing in disguise that I got my chapter elements after some unintentional delay of a day or two.

Anyway, now I will be comfortably submitting my chapter in line with the advised elements.

This is just to acknowledge your post.

Knowledge is power.

Another e-book has been successfully published! Thanks to all the participants for their contributions to this e-book. Members can give feedback and suggestions later, once the winners are announced.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.