You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

16th December '18 - a very memorable day in my life.

I received a phone call from the principal of the college where I completed my graduation. He informed me that the old students (Alumni) association of that college was having a meeting on 16th December 2018 and that I should attend without fail. I accepted the same and planned my journey. Yesterday morning I reached the city from Hyderabad by train. My sister stays in that city. I went there, got ready and proceeded to the meeting. To my surprise, I was actually invited by them as a Guest of Honour to felicitate me. The Principal and the President of Old students association carried out the felicitation. I never expected such reception from them. In the citation, it was mentioned that the felicitation was in recognition of my long service in the industry and also for my contributions to academic institutions. I really felt happy that I was honored by the institute where I studied.

I studied in this college during 1972 to 75 and completed my graduation. I met many of classmates there yesterday after almost 43 years. It was a real pleasure to have lunch with all of them.

I just want to share my joy with all the members of this site and hence this thread.
    It really feels great when the school/college where we had studied honour us. Such recognition makes us determined to do something for the school/college and help the current batch of students as far as possible (to find employment, to help them get a research grant, etc.).

I also congratulate Dr. Rao for the recognition and honour which he has received from his alma mater.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

It is undoubtedly a matter of great happiness when we visit our college after a gap of so many years. It is something like home coming.

It is really a very big honour if you are invited in your own college as a guest of honour. I congratulate you for this new feather in your cap in addition to your earlier achievements during your active service in the industry.

Knowledge is power.

This feeling of Tear-Jerker I shared in my thread. Really a memorable day in your Life Sir, This is the admixture of the feeling continuously popping out of your mind. Old memories connected with new. What a day It was Sir!!! I can imagine. I want to congratulate and thank you for your valuable contribution to the society.
    Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

Congratulations Sir! It is always a special occasion and a memorable day when you are felicitated by your college from where you completed the graduation. It is because of your contribution and continuous efforts to work for the betterment of the students. It's always important to help the younger generation with your knowledge and they are always benefited from experienced persons who have a vast industrial exposure.

The students should be guided properly during their days in college where they should know how to contribute the knowledge they gained during their academic years. I wish you all the best and hope you will contribute more enthusiastically for the development of the students as well as the Institute in the long run.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

It's a very valid reason for your happiness. I understand how much pleasure we get when we meet old friends. In your case, you mentioned you met them after 43 years that's amazing. I have tried to meet my schoolmates but could not as I don't have their telephone numbers with me. I always wish if I could meet them.

Good to know that you were honoured for your contribution by your institution.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

As pointed out in different comments above, it is always heartening to be invited and honoured in one's alma mater after a long gap. Not only that the occasion gives a chance to meet old fiends and class mates, after a long gap. These days, in most of the educational institutions, these get togethers have become almost a regular feature.
    In my case I did not get such an occasion at the institutions where I studied. However, I had to participate in similar get togethers of different batches of students of the college where I worked for several years as a Professor and Head of a Department. Naturally every time students gave some memento which I am keeping in the showcase in my house.
    Let me congratulate Dr. Rao on this occasion of his getting honoured by his alma mater once again.

tmsankaran

I am glad you had a beautiful memory like this. You and your accomplishments were seen and appreciated by others. Not many enjoy such fate. I can but only imagine how it must have felt.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.