You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is the birthday of this great statesman

He was born on 25th December, 1924. At a very young age, he joined the ''Quit India" movement. During his youth, he worked as the Secretary of Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, the founder of Jan Sangha. He learnt first-hand the politics of India just after independence. He was first elected in the Lok Sabha way back in 1957. He took special interest in India's foreign affairs.

During the 1971 war, he praised Indira Gandhi in no uncertain terms despite being an opposition leader. But during the emergency, he was in jail. In 1977, he became the External Affairs Minister. During this tenure he went to China on an official visit. But he returned canceling the trip when China suddenly attacked Vietnam.

During his Prime Ministership, he started many new path-breaking schemes despite various compulsions of being the leader of a large coalition. He was instrumental in kicking out Pakistani intruders in Kargil in 1999. He was respected as a statesman all over the world.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee has been a true Bharat Ratna. My respect to this great leader of India on his birthday.
    Atal Bihari Vajpayee's birthday is today. It is the first birthday after his demise this year. A politician who believed in values and ethics in politics. He will be there in the history forever as a person who resigned for PM post because of a single vote less than required for proving his majority. He never thought of attracting some other MPs to his side by showing some good personal benefits to them. He kept up the dignity of democracy by his acts. On this day my respects to this great leader. I wish all the present day politicians will at least try to follow some points he practised during his active life. He never married. He never involved himself in any corrupt practices. In his term only, India conducted nuclear tests and stood proudly in the world. People who are interested to know more can go through the following link
    Atal Bihari Vajpayee – A Man of Ethics

drrao
    always confident

It is easy for everyone to remember Atulji because his birthday falls on a very important and auspicious day of the year i.e. Christmas Day. Atulji is one of the leaders hailed by even opposition leaders of other parties and similarly, he gives great respect to other opposition leaders even though they show enmity towards him.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee has become Atal (definite or fixed) figure in mind of Indian. Every political leader whichever party he belongs respects him. It is his dynamic personality and leadership which gave him that kind of popularity that we rarely find people speaking against him.
    Other than Atal Ji its also birth anniversary of Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya who also can never be forgotten for being such a vital person in the building process of the Indian education system.
    It's really good that Partha sir raised this forum here on ISC.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

I sincerely thank Ms. Neelam because she reminded me of the birth anniversary of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya.

"Atulji is one of the leaders hailed by even opposition leaders of other parties and similarly, he gives great respect to other opposition leaders even though they show enmity towards him."----------- Unfortunately, I am not fully clear about the meaning of this sentence. Who is/are the opposition leader(s) here? Further, who is 'Atulji'?

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I thank the author for bringing out this thread about our great statesman Atalaji as he was commonly known in the masses.

He was not only a great statesman but also a visionary and he took a lot of initiatives for liberalisation measures in business and economy.

During his time the foreign investment agencies regained their hopes of conducting business in India.

I offer my respect and remembrances to this great leader of that golden era of our country.

Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.