You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

One in hand is better than two in the bush

Today, people are looking for various avenues and opportunities. Students are analysing different career options for their future. No one is satisfied with what is in their hands.

This is a necessary trait because without this progress is also not expected.

Now, in such circumstances, sometimes people aspire for something which may not be easy to achieve but apparently appears achievable. They yearn for it and try to achieve it but most of the time fail miserably and in that process lose what they had firmly in hand.

So, I think it is better to hold on firmly to what we have rather than aspiring and trying desperately for more which is far away and simply glittering but not achievable.

So, one in hand is better than two in the bush.

What is your view on this?
    It is very correct. We should not throw the water in our mug, expecting rain by seeing the clouds. A bird in the hand always worth two in the bush. So we should never lose the opportunity in our hand expecting another good one.
    I spent Rs.10/- for purchasing a lottery ticket and I got a prize amount of Rs.500/-. Expecting a bigger amount I purchased lottery tickets worth Rs.500/-. I lost everything and no gift.
    Same is the case in our career also. When we are in a job we should not resign to that job expecting another good job. We should resign the present job only after getting an appointment of another job in our hands. That is always better. Even for bargaining pay and perks for a new job we should be in a job. Otherwise, the employer will try to take advantage of saying that we have no job at that time.

drrao
    always confident

Greed is a very bad thing and it leads to so many setbacks in our life. Do not enjoy with what we have already got and run after other illusions will not do any good to us.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments