You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Karnataka

An irresponsible remark: A complaint against the Chief Minister

Some days ago, in a very unfortunate incident, a JD(S) worker was murdered in the Mandya district of Karnataka, located at a distance of 90 Km from the state capital, Bengaluru. The Chief Minister of the state, Shri HD Kumaraswamy, directed the police to "mercilessly shoot down" the murderers. Later, he has tried to cover his remarks as an emotional outburst, but many people have taken it very seriously.

Now, the People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) on last Wednesday filed a complaint with the State Human Rights Commission against Karnataka Chief Minister, H.D. Kumaraswamy. The complaint by the civil liberties group said that such emotional oral orders are "uncalled for and a clear violation of constitutional provisions". Such orders would create pressure on the police to go beyond the law,

I find such comment is uncalled for, especially by a person who holds an important Constitutional post. I do hope the Karnataka Human Rights Commission passes a stricture against the Chief Minister.
    Yes. he might not have made such a remark. The people who are in a responsible position should not lose their cool and outburst in any type of situation. Good control is very much required. They may have many pressures and problems. But that should not reflect on other issues. But I don't how these issues are getting open into the public. Already the People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) filed a complaint in the court. Let us wait for the outcome. I am of the opinion that the Chief Minister might not have made such uncalled for remarks which will create unnecessary problems for him. Emotional outburst to such people is unwanted.
    drrao
    always confident

Persons sitting on such high positions should refrain from making such comments. It is really a very bad show of one's weak temperament.

The followers have a great respect for their political leaders or gurus and such comments will only cast a shadow on their reputation.

Knowledge is power.

Not only that, such comments are indirect invitation to the followers/supporters to resort to violence. And a Chief Minister is doing this!
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments