You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Cars and bikes are available for us on rent in major cities. What's your experience?

Owning a car is not that easy that need big investment and maintenance, but getting a car or bike on rent is very easy. Cars and bikes are available on rent in major cities. When we are out from home to cities like Bengaluru, we have agencies to rent a vehicle on the hourly basis. Bikes are available for Rs. 15/ per hour and cars are available for Rs. 60/- per hour.

Have you experienced this car and bike ride on rent? I haven't.
    In my younger days, we were crossing Godavari river on a boat to go from this side to that side. After crossing the river on the riverside there were some shops giving cycles on rent. We used to take the cycle and travel to the village on the cycle and we used to handover the cycle in that village in the branch. We used to pay 50 paise for Km those days. Now bridges came on the river. So buses are travelling directly and no need to cross the Godavari on boats.

In Hyderabad also now the cars and bikes are available on rent. Many people are using this facility. Definitely, it is cheaper than hiring a cab or owning a car. But if we want frequently a vehicle for our use, I feel we should have our own car. Anyhow it all depends on the individual ability and interest. I never used this facility.

drrao
    always confident

This is not available in Delhi but I remember once when we were in college we went to Goa there we heard of the same and rented bikes for visiting beaches which were far from Panjim.

They took our driving licence and gave us bikes on rent for the whole day. I don't remember the rent they charged us in those days but that was cheaper and convenient for us to reach those distant located places.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I have an experience of Goa when I visited the place long back. There, bikes were available at a very nominal price.

It was a very big facility as there were many places which were accessible with bikes.

Knowledge is power.

Nowadays rent-a-car and rent-a-bike services are available in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune and Goa. Such services are generally not available in Kolkata. I don't know about cities like Hyderabad or Chennai. But such services are not available in the North-East.

But I feel slowly and steadily such services will be available in at least in all the state capitals of India.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

# Partha which place in Delhi have you seen the facility of the rented bike?

I never saw it in Delhi. If it's available I should know it so that I may go to the crowded places in Delhi.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Mr. Gupta: Please check the hotels of Paharganj. You will definitely get bikes on rent. Many foreigners with low budget avail this facility.

# Partha Can you give me the link of any such hotel? I will try it. In Goa, we got the rented bikes of the employees of a company during their working time. We didn't get them from any hotel.
    Sanjeev

Sorry Mr. Gupta: It is very difficult to give the link of Paharganj hotels. You have to visit the place and check.

• Sign In to post your comments