You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Jammu and Kashmir

OMG! What have I read!

Just now I have read an article in India Today Online news magazine. It has been forwarded to me and I did not read it earlier. The news article states that Congress youth leader Sagheer Saeed Khan said that the saffron party was committing "atrocities on innocent people" in Jammu and Kashmir. Mr. Khan further said that if the Congress is voted to power, a compensation of one crore rupees and Government jobs will be given to the kin of those killed in the valley. Not only that, terror suspects will be released from jails. Mr. Khan has also said that his party will even bring a law to hang the BJP leaders. His exact comment: "Those BJP leaders who are responsible for the killing spree in Kashmir, no matter how big and powerful they are, we will bring a law to hang them."

The Congress leader made these comments in Jammu. I still can't believe such comments. Are these true?

Members! Kindly express your opinion on this issue.
    These are individual views expressed by some leaders and we need not take them seriously. It need to be discarded just as the demand by a BJP leader (a Member of Parliament) that a house should be constructed for Lord Ram under the PM Housing Scheme as he is presently living in a tent. Such type of comments are made by people who are not worthy of being called as leaders and the parties to which they belong must take such irresponsible comments seriously and must see to it they are not encouraged and if need be must be kept away from the party.

The general public must also note that by unnecessarily sharing and discussing these type of issues, we are giving them undue importance and are allowing them to remain in the limelight which should not be the case.

'Any fool can know. The point is to understand."- Albert Einstein

Some comments are ridiculous but not dangerous. But some comments are dangerous because such comments have the potential to incite violence. The comment of the Congress leader is capable of inciting violence. So, it is dangerous and action must be taken against him.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Many political people now a days are making casual comments to gain cheap popularity. The best course of action is to ignore them and nip in the bud.

The problem comes when some people comment against the solidarity and patriotism. The good citizens will always be hurt by such comments and will also wish that such casual and careless people should be brought to the books.

In a strict and stringent regime these people will keep quiet and will not make such irresponsible comments.

It is not that such politicians are present in a particular party, they are everywhere. These are the people who are actually harming the progress of our country.

Knowledge is power.

There are some leaders who worth nothing except for making unnecessary comments and making harm to the party as well as to the country. This type of people is there in all the parties. There is no doubt about it. Why only BJP leaders involved in the issue should be hanged. Why not other party leaders. Is that leader thinks that only BJP leaders are responsible? The comments are unwanted and nobody should be tolerated if such remarks are made. The party high command should take actions on such type of people.
    We can tolerate some comments but the comments made by this man are very offensive and the person should be punished seriously for making such unwanted remarks.

drrao
    always confident

Such hatred statements are not new to the media but even previously many times such statements had been issued & this became a trend to be into limelight.

We know about the radical movements but because of a simple reason that in order to oppose PM Modi no political parties intend to form a common consensus against those that during the time the NIA caught a group called "Harkat ul Harb e Islam" who was involved with the intention of carrying out the attacks in North India, more specifically in Delhi that many came in the favor of the group saying that this is without fact with asking for proofs from the government for their action.

I actually never had believed that our politics would go such mean & to the cheapest of its level that I intentionally want all of them dead. Absolutely shame to all those who are involved on those acts including anyone who show their favor for them.

This is ridiculous. But we can expect this from the politicians they can speak anything to get the vote bank. I worry they will attract people from his statement. This is the worst statement I have heard from a politician. Are Such people thinking about the growth of the country when they think that the suspected people will be freed why didn't he speak that they will be freed once they are found innocent?

People should understand that they are just bluffing and won't do anything for them once they win the elections. This is his a way to attract Muslim majority in his favor and I believe he will be able to do that because the people of Kashmir hate bjp to extreme.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

The politicians in our country are like that. Especially during election times, many politicians try to incite some people by making ridiculous statements. There are many media houses who are a pawn to the politicians. They are biased and report a one-sided story. They create the headlines in such a way to attract viewership and after carefully watching the news items it is understood that it is just to create hype.

Even a few days earlier the Karnataka CM, Mr. H.D. Kumaraswamy was in the news for making a controversial statement. When the video of his conversation with a police officer went viral, he said it was an emotional outburst and he never wanted to mean it originally. Every politician must remember that she/he is a public figure and they are accountable for every statement they make in public. Politics is not to promote hatred or promote a particular section of the society, it is always for the betterment of the society as a whole and whoever is acting against this principle must be brought to book.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Mr. Bhattacharya: A separate thread is already there on Karnataka CM's comments.

But this particular issue gains particular importance because this gives an insight into the way Congress is going to handle the Kashmir issue.

Irresponsible statements by political leaders may be ignored but what to say about the Vice-Chancellor of a University exhorting his students to commit murder if need be? Only God knows where this great nation is being led to!

Why should we ignore the statements of political leaders, particularly leaders belonging to an age-old party, which claims that this party alone made the country independent?

Further, should we discuss the comment of a Vice-Chancellor of a University in this thread?

Partha, we are discussing provocative and irresponsible statements by people who are deemed to be responsible, if I am not wrong. In case you want your thread to be restricted to a particular desired point, be kind enough to state so directly and the editors will do the needful with my responses.

And, when did any party claim that they were solely responsible for getting us freedom? Let us not spread the nets wider well knowing that the catch is likely to be meager.

I think I was trying to discuss the extremely provocative statement by an irresponsible and short-sighted political leader made in the very sensitive state of Jammu & Kashmir. I felt that the irresponsible leader should have been arrested for inciting violence by this provocative comment. I also think that some Members (of ISC) may intentionally try to dilute the seriousness of the statement by needlessly bringing another statement by a person who is not in the political arena and the second statement was made in a totally different context.

Some clever leaders are adopting these techniques to gain cheap popularity. Public should condemn them for their timidness.

Media is unnecessarily highlighting these things instead of focussing on good and progressive comments by other leaders.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments