You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Winners of the Short story writing contest on Idioms and Phrases

We are pleased to announce the results of the Short Story writing contest on Idioms and Phrases. There were 13 entries received for this contest with a unique presentation of short stories based on real-time experiences and bringing out an idiom/phrase. As this was the First time contest of its nature, we hope there will be good improvement and participation in future.

The Winner of the first prize of a cash award of Rs.200/- is Soundharya for her contest entry - Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the victory conveying the Moral : A picture paints a thousand words.

The Runner Up i.e. the Second prize carrying a cash award of Rs.100/- eachgoes to:
    1. Saji Ganesh for his entry - Berth Number 64- Train Number 16268- An enlightening journey , the real-time experience which conveys the message: Don't judge the book by its cover.
    and
    2. Venkiteswaran for his thread - What lesson my tooth taught me really bit into me which carries the moral - A stitch in time saves Nine.

Now, the Consolation Prize carrying a reward of Rs.75/- each will be given to these following:
    1. Neelam for her entry -Dark Colours based on the Moral: Hard work always pays dividend (Idiom used- Apple in the eye).
    2. Sankalan Bhattacharya for his entry -When your guess becomes as good as mine which introduces a new Idiom: Barking up the wrong tree.
    3.Sanjeev Guptafor his thread - The darkest hour is just before the dawn, a true story best fits to be an example for the Idiom: Where there is a will, there is a way.

Congratulations to all the Winners. Members, please join with me to greet the winners.
    Thanks, ISC for considering my thread for the consolidation prize.

Congratulation guys for winning the award. The contest was interesting and all threads in the contest were unique in their way. Hope to see such contest more in future.

Hope to see people contributing more to the contests.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

My congratulations to the Winner, Runners-up and my co-winners of the consolation prizes of this Short story writing contest. It was really an interesting one and all the entries conveyed some important morals.

My sincere thanks to ISC for choosing my thread for the consolation prize. I wish all the winners and participants of this contest very best and hope more such interesting contests will be there in the coming days.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congratulations to the six winners of this interesting contest. I also record my appreciation for Mr. Jagdish Patro for organising this unique contest very successfully.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I congratulate all the winners for their prize-winning contributions for the contest. A good contest and well conducted. I wish the prize winners will continue their good work and win many such prizes in the coming years ahead. I wish all the best to them.
    drrao
    always confident

A wonderful contest conducted on idioms and phrases by Lead Editor Jagdish Patro. I thought of taking part but couldn't manage. Looking forward to more such contests from him. And by the way, congrats to all the winners, including those who won the consolation prizes. The rest, don't get disheartened. Participating in itself is a kind of win. We improve upon our writing and creative skills. The stories I read were all worth reading.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Congratulations to Soundharya for being the winner & in addition I also extend my greetings to the winners of the Runner-Up & Consolation Prizes for the Short story writing contest.

Congratulation to all the winners of this contest. Well done and keep contributing.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to each and every winner. The stories were really interesting. @Jagdish Patro I want to make a request. It will be difficult but would be appreciable if the writers who did not win get to know their shortcomings. I feel a few stories were also equally good but did not receive any prize which is unfortunate. Knowing about weakness in their writing can help them in the future. Hope you will consider my request.
    shampasaid

Thank you Jagdish and team for finding my entry to be worthy of a prize. I heartily congratulate Soundharya, the winner, Venkiteswaran sir, my co-winner and Neelam, Sankalan and Sanjeev, the consolation prize winners! It was a well-organized contest and we did get a good response from the members.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

Shampa, I doubt whether your request can be acceded to. It is rather not feasible to explain to each participant where he had gone wrong. I think it would be better to make a self-assessment after going through the other entries.

'Any fool can know. The point is to understand."- Albert Einstein

It was a very interesting contest and some of the entries were really outstanding and we enjoyed reading them.

Congratulation to all the winners. Well done and keep contributing.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to all the winners of short story writing competition. Perhaps, more short stories can be expected as threads in the discussion forum in future.
    tmsankaran

Hearty congratulations to Soundarya for being the winner of the short story writing contest on idioms and phrases and for winning Rs. 200/- cash credit. And also congratulations to the runner-ups and consolation prize winners and for winning a cash prize of Rs. 100/- and Rs. 75/- respectively.
    Regards,
    Ramya

Congratulations to all the winners. I really enjoyed reading and writing stories for the contest. This was really an interesting contest I hope ISC would organise more such contest in future also.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.