You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

The Holocaust was not the end of the world

The unknown, unnamed island in the Nicobar group of islands has fully awakened after a very long time. Those two thousand people living underground in this island have all come overground. The young ones are dancing in joy. The older ones are crying. But their tears are the tears of extreme happiness. The middle-aged people are taking every precautionary measure for the new-born baby and the mother. Some people are congratulating the proud father. Why not? This is the first birth after more than five years. This is the first birth after the Holocaust.

After those terrible years, this month has brought much good news. The air is now fresh and without any pollution. The people of this island, after long and continuous efforts, could contact some other people in India who have survived the Holocaust. Another two thousand people are living in earlier Bastar district of Chattisgarh state. Around three thousand people each are living at Pandalam of Pathanamthitta district of Kerala and also in the jungles of Vairengte in Mizoram. They survived because they had taken shelter in the underground shelters built for this purpose. They survived the terrible Nuclear Holocaust which engulfed entire Asia five years ago. And after long and painstaking efforts, the people of these settlements have now established contacts with one another.

But more good news awaited the people of this island. The first baby has been born here only. The new life has begun in the Indian sub-continent. The seed has sprung into life in this new spring.

Today the people of this island in Nicobar are remembering that old man. When crores and crores of people died during the Nuclear Holocaust in entire Asia, when the few survivors felt that irrespective of the relative safety of the underground shelters, they would also die sooner or later, the wise old man assured them. He said: "It's not the end of the world. Wait patiently. Good days will surely return. The old civilization of Inda will sow the seed of the new future. Prepare a peaceful, serene and different world for the new child who will surely arrive."

Today, the new baby is born. The Islanders are busy developing a new world order devoid of violence and narrow-mindedness, for the new baby.

(TOW entry)
    This is very nice to know that the people of that unnamed island in the Nicobar group of islands are happy for the arrival of a new baby there. It is good that they are able to establish contacts with each other. Very good narration by the author. I hope the people who are suffering from lost five years will get back to normalcy soon and they will enjoy their life now.
    drrao
    always confident

Dr. Rao: Most humbly I submit that the story is different. It is a pure fiction based upon the aftermath of a fictional nuclear Holocaust in Asia.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I thought it is something really happened. The way you have written I thought it is a real incident.
    drrao
    always confident

Many of your writings are like this only. I am thinking they are real. Even when I am posting my comments I have a doubt in my mind when this has happened. I am wondering whether it is a created story. In fact, I thought I will ask this question to you. But somehow I have not done that. Thanks for your information.
    drrao
    always confident

The nice story narrated by the author. We should always remember that bad day never last longer but the only thing is we have to some efforts to fight with it patiently. There is always a ray of hope and we should wait for the good days.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

A nice narrative from the writer. Today seeing the accumulation of nuclear plants and nuclear arsenals, these things can become a thing of reality anytime in the future.

The disaster at Chernobyl, Russia and a nuclear plant in Japan are the contained samples of such catastrophe.

Regaining the human civilization after such global setbacks is a matter of great happiness and author has successfully depicted the same in his thread cum story.

Knowledge is power.

A very good thread by the author to describe that good days do return even after the Holocaust. When the survivors of the Holocaust thought that everything may end soon, there were a few who hoped for better days and after waiting for five years a baby was born.

This thread reminds us that even after the destruction hope remains. The hope to start afresh, the hope to carry on and face the world.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Hope is the ultimate source of life, without it life is like a doomsday. The author has presented the thread which is full of positive attitude. Although living in darkness, aspiring for a ray of bright sunshine depicts the strength of their mind. A positive approach is a must to face the toughest turmoil of lives to find the right direction in life. Nice write-up.
    shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.