You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Show your patriotic feeling through your deals and deeds

Jai Hind.

Members,
    This thread has no relevance to the ongoing Active GD.
    To show our real patriotic feeling and to instill our patriot feeling, I simply suggest you the following:
    Whenever you post a message or respond to a message at ISC sections, simply start and end them with the phrase 'Jai Hind' or 'Jai Bharat'. ISC is an educational institution where we all are students. Will you like to follow or oppose my proposal?

What are your good views, opinion and comments on my suggestion?

Jai Bharat.
    Jai Hind,
    I will not oppose your proposal. But at the same time to make everybody say Jai Hind or Jai Bharath at the beginning and the end, I think the competent authority has to make a rule. Then only everybody will follow it. So let us wait for the response from the concerned authority. Once it comes everybody will follow without any deviation.

Jai Hind

drrao
    always confident

Jai Hind
    Mr. Rao,
    No compulsion. It is only my suggestion. It should be left to the individual to follow or not. I am sure, ISC won't interfere with the patriotic feeling of the Indians who are members here. However, they might object it as it would create some problem for the search engine. Jai Hind or Jai Bharat will show off the entire ISC.

I modify my suggestion like this. Members should endeavour to write at least one Jai Hind or Jai Bharat regularly every day. This can be done as and when they first login for the day. Their first post should start with the words "Jai Hind or Jai Bharat"

Anyone who has the patriotic feeling would certainly follow my modified proposal.
    Jai Bharat

No life without Sun

Finally, after a long thought, I sincerely recommend this to showcase our patriotic spirit at ISC.

Let us not start the message or response with Jai Hind or Jai Bharat, but end all your messages and responses with the last word being 'Jai Hind' or 'Jai Bharat'.

I think this will have no objection from ISC Admin. Hope patriotic members will follow my guideline.

Jai Hind.

No life without Sun

A good proposal from Mr. SuN. I will try to follow.

Jai Hind.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I do not appreciate such suggestions and I do not think the admin. would either. It is not right to shove patriotism down anyone's throat even in the form of a suggestion. If I recall, though not sure, this same/similar suggestion may have been made earlier also on our forum either by the same author or by somebody else.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Vandana,
    What's wrong if we say Jai Hind at the end of our every conversation? Does it not show our patriotic spirit through India Study Channel if we can say Jai Hind and Jai Bharat in the classrooms as enforced patriotic feelings.

Jai Bharat.

No life without Sun

A good suggestion by a senior member but the point is that we are only in the capacity of the member here. We can only suggest such patriotic prefix and suffix in our posts. Someone has conceptualised this site and has a dream about it. He may not think it proper to stick to some words like that whatever amount of patriotism they might be reflecting.

There can be many such suggestion from the members form the wider spectrum of the society. The administrator has to exercise due diligence before adopting them. I am not against it but the feasibility of this seems to be remote considering the global reach of this site.

These sites, like ISC, are content specific and have their own guidelines and policies and they will not adopt anything arbitrarily.

Knowledge is power.

Many people use these suffixes after their speech and it is a common phenomenon. I remember when we were students we were addressing each other with Jai Hind. It was so common in our school at that time.

With time it somehow became old fashioned or out of use and I do not remember how we resorted to Namaste or Good Morning by the time we were in our graduation college.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.