You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Self reliance in vegetables - Part 2

This has reference to my post, "A small step towards self reliance in vegetables". The project taken up by our Residents' Association is showing good results. All residents who joined in the production process are giving successful reports. Some varieties of the plants have already started reproduction. Benda (ladies finger), chilli and beans (thuvara) have already given yields. All those who joined the campaign are very happy and are coming forward to introduce more items in their vegetable groups.
    In addition the some of the elderly people who were sitting idle and feeling dejected have rekindled their enthusiasm for working. This naturally is improving their health conditions. What I feel, in general, is that this attempt from the Association's side was a positive one. More families are now coming forward to join this campaign.
    Due to my interest in the subject I had also followed the earlier thread by the author and wished if he could later on tell the success stories of that endeavour.

Today, the result is informed by him and it is really a matter of great happiness that people are having vegetables from their balcony or terrace gardens basically maintained in the flower pots. The biggest pleasure in one's life is when the plants or trees one had planted start giving fruits.

Great achievement and I congratulate the senior citizens who have taken up this interesting but challenging target of producing vegetables in the limited space in their apartments.

Knowledge is power.

That's a great achievement. Fresh vegetables are good for health especially when they are grown in your garden and you know there is no chemical involved in their growth. I salute these people who thought of such a wonderful idea of growing vegetables on their own.

It's good for people who don't have work as they will indulge themselves in some work. As these plants have started yielding the fruit so its an obvious reason for their happiness.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Very nice to hear the success story. It is very nice that the people have planned for growing the vegetables on the rooftop and without any chemical fertilisers, insecticides and pesticides. These organically grown vegetables are very good for the health of the people. If many people can implement this concept in their houses self-reliance in vegetables will be achieved and the people will have the satisfaction of doing some forming also. It is good for the environment also. It is very good to note that many families are coming forward to have the farming activity on roof taps. Thanks to the author for letting us know the success story.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments