You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

He is really a genuine fast bowler, but....

Jasprit Bumrah! I have been following his performance in the international circuit since 2016 when he got his India cap in ODIs and T20s. His bowling impressed me a lot. His average speed in 145 kmph. He is the fastest among Indian pacers. Not only the speed, but his bouncers, yorkers and in-swingers are also lethal weapons available in his weaponry. He has been regularly taking wickets with his good bowling.

In January, 2018, Bumrah has made India debut in Test-cricket. Throughout the year, he has performed brilliantly against South Africa, England and Australia. He has become the main wicket-taker for India in these overseas tours.

I have no doubt about his wicket-taking abilities. But I feel his awkward bowling action has made him injury-prone. He can't continue in this manner for more than five years. Indian team management must find ways to preserve him for a longer period.

Members! What is your opinion about this great find of India?
    No doubt he is a good bowler and now a backbone of the Indian team. He came into the attention of the selectors due to his unorthodox bowling action and ability to ball yorkers in the right places. He justified his selection so is in the Indian squad and has become the main bowler. He has been the leading wicket-taker of the year as a debutant. He has been playing a major role in winning matched for India.

I don't know if his bowling action will be the cause of injury if that's so then bowling coach should modify his action.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

He is a very good bowler and he may have to play an important rule in the coming world cup. He is the main bowler in the present team playing in Australia. The variety in his bowling is the secret of his success. In many of the matches we have own he played an important role. Coming to his bowling action I think the team manager and the captain should advise him and see that he will amend his action as required.
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.