You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Rain has deprived India of victory

Today was the last day of the last Test match of Border-Gavaskar Trophy being played in Australia. Again, no play was possible at Sidney due to continuous rain. So, ever after forcing Australia to follow-on, India could not win the match due to rain. In their second innings, Australia scored only 6 without loss and more than one and a half day was lost.

However, India won this overseas series 2-1. This is the first time India has won the overseas series in Australia. The Aussie captain Tim Payne has accepted India's superiority in all sections of the game. India has won the series despite the injury of Ravichandran Ashwin, India's number one bowler, Prithvi Shaw, a very promising opener, and terrible performance of India's opening batsmen.

Let us congratulate India on defeating Australia in Australia. The victory would be sweeter if India could win the Sydney test also.
    Yes, it's been a long time when we have won the test match series in Australia. Also, the credit goes to the Australian team which is not as good as it was in the time of Allan Border or Ricky Ponting. It would have been good if we would have won the 4th test match also. Aussies would have been thanking God.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

No, Mr. Gupta: We have won the series in Australia for the first time. So, this series victory is very sweet. So far as the current Australia team is concerned, the batting line-up has weakened due to the absence of two regular players who have been banned, the bowling attack is very powerful.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Oh, I am sorry I thought India had won a series under Saurav Ganguly in the past but I was mistaken. So it's a big achievement for Kohli and the team. Keep it up.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Earlier we won against Australia test match series in India. But it is for the first time India won the series against Austalia in Australia. A very good performance by our team. The newcomers did extremely well. Unfortunately, rain has ruined the chances to our country in the final test. Bumrah did extremely well and he is the main bowler this time in the series. Pujara and Shaw showed their potential and they are going to make the team batting line-up very strong. As Captain Kohli did well and this is a collective team effort and everyone in the team should be congratulated. I hope the team will win many more matches in the coming future.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulation to team India on this success. I hope we will win more matches like this in future also. It is commendable to win the match in their pitch. Let us hope same foe Sydney one.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.