You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy birthday to " The Wall"

In cricket, we have seen many players. We may forget them soon after they leave the game. But "the Wall" Dravid will be there in all of our minds for long. Today he is completing his 46th year and entering into the 47th year.
    He is always a team player. He readily agreed to keep wickets also when there is a requirement. He has given his 100% to the team. He is always a team player. He used to play for the team but not for personal records. He commands respect from all in the field or off the field also.
    He made many runs outside the country and he is the first international cricketer who made at least one century against all test playing nations,

I convey my best wishes to him on the occasion of his birthday today and I hope members will join me in wishing him a happy birthday.
    Good to remind all of us about the great batsman today on his birthday. Known by his nickname 'The Wall' he is the recipient of so many awards and honours including Padma Shri and Padma Bhusan.

He is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsman in the history of cricket. Though he is retired from the International as well as First Class Cricket but he is still active in the area of sports through varied activities including mentoring of India's future Olympians and Paralympians.

Knowledge is power.

He is my one of the favourite batsmen in Test Cricket (the other one being Sunil Gavaskar). During every crisis situation in the late nineties till 2012, he stood like a wall and saved India in many precarious situations.

Nowadays Dravid has been working with young players in the country and his approach is giving positive outcome. All the best to him.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Very happy birthday to Rahul Dravid. We all know his batting prowess and he indeed stood as 'The Wall' when it was needed the most. His tenacity to stay at the crease and score runs is a special characteristic.

Although he has retired from all the forms of professional cricket, he is actively associated with sports. His contribution to the game and his way of performance will always work as a guiding force to today's youngsters.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I join everyone in wishing Rahul Dravid, the 'Wall' of Indian cricket, a very Happy Birthday! He is indeed a team player and had done his best as a member of the Indian squad. He has been an inspiration and guide to many newcomers in the field.
    'Any fool can know. The point is to understand."- Albert Einstein

Happy birthday to Rahul Dravid. He was a great player of his time. It was always great to watch him batting even on foreign pitches. In my opinion, he was the only player who used to play comfortably on the fastpitch of Australia and West Indies.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Rahul Dravid is our favourite cricketer and I also join to wish him a happy birthday. He lead the Indian cricket team magnificently and even after retiring from cricket he is busy for the good cause of sports.

He is definitely a great batsman.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.