You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Indian cricket team created a history.

The Indian cricket team created history by defeating Australia in their own country for the first time ever in oneday cricket matches also. They became the first visiting team to win a Test and ODI series in their country together on the same tour. They achieved this today by defeating Australia by 7 wickets in the final ODI of the three-match series held at the MCG in Melbourne.
    With the ODI series win in Australia, India has now defeated all playing countries except Afghanistan, in a bilateral ODI series on their own soil. They are yet to face Afghanistan in an ODI series altogether.
    India's senior player MS Dhoni proved he's still the best finisher in the limited-overs format as he guided Team India to a series-clinching win over Australia in this match.
    Let us all share the joy and congratulate the men in blue for their extraordinary performance in the series.
    Let us all join to congratulate the team captained by Dhoni. Each of the players did well. In between some doubts were there. However, all things went well and we won the match. Congratulations to all players.
    tmsankaran

It is a great achievement. We congratulate the Indian team for this success and wish them more such laurels.

The skipper Mr Dhoni deserves the real praise and accolades for this.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

It's a great achievement by the Indian team. I remember we have lost all the series on their soil in the past when Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting were the captains of the Australian team. Their bowling was so accurate when they had bowlers like Glen Macrath, Bret Lee in their team.

It's really a big achievement for us and a cause for our joy. MS Dhoni deserves the appreciation and he has shut the mouth of the people who are criticising him and saying that he should retire and give a chance to the new and young players.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Two responses mention Dhoni as the captain. Isn't Virat Kohli the captain of the team for all formats of the game?

It was indeed a day to cheer with bowlers and batsmen working in tandem to defeat the opponents, showcasing teamwork at its best. Congrats to the Men in Blue for their victory against the Baggy Greens!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Yes, now Virat Kohli is the Captain of the Indian Team in all three formats of the game. Dhoni is now only playing the ODIs. He has announced his retirement from the other two formats from international matches.

I congratulate the Indian Team for defeating Australia in both formats (Test and ODIs).

I am eagerly waiting for the (sceptical) comments of a distinguished Member of ISC about these memorable victories.

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

In whatever ways, if I see my country winning then this prove out to be the proudest moment for me & this time too I congratulate the team India for their performance with a hope that this will continue even during the World Cup.

Dhoni is the not the captain now. Virat Kohli is the captain. But Dhoni is the senior most player in the team. In this series win Dhoni played an important role. He stood up to the expectations and done a great job.
    drrao
    always confident

I am not a cricket fan but highly impressed with this achievement. Indian team is doing good and with this efficiency and acumen-ship of the present captain we will be winning more matches in coming times.

I thank our cricket savvy members for updating us time to time for these developments.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments