You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Bill Gates congratulates but Mamata-didi condemns

Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist, Bill Gates has congratulated the Government of India for the achievements made by the Ayushman Bharat healthcare scheme in its first 100 days of implementation. He has stated in a tweet: "Congratulations to the Indian government on the first 100 days of @AyushmanNHA. It's great to see how many people have been reached by the program so far". The tweet has been tagged to the PMO of India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has thanked Bill Gates for the appreciation.

On the other hand, many opposition party leaders and liberal journalists have opposed and ridiculed the 'Ayushman Bharat' scheme. Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister of West Bengal, is in the forefront of those who are opposing the scheme.

But, more importantly, but unfortunately, despite pathetic healthcare conditions in the state, Mamata-didi is not allowing the crores of poor people of West Bengal to avail of the benefits of this scheme, because of petty politics.
    It is obvious. Bill Gates is not a politician. He is an entrepreneur. He will go by the merits and demerits of the programme and the way it is getting implemented is his concern, But the other personalities mentioned by the thread by the author are all having only political people only and they will see at every issue in a different angle. They see how good is the scheme and how many people are getting benefitted or losing. By saying the steps taken by the government are good, how much damage is happening to their party. From them their party, their personal gains are more important than the welfare of the people.
    So they will criticise only. Only the voters should analyse the situation, see the benefits they are getting. So there is nothing abnormal in the remarks of Mamata and other political leaders,
    As an individual, I feel .

drrao
    always confident

True to its sense that, "as you sow so shall you reap", & so is the case here. The people have given mandate to the Mamata-didi government & they are facing the consequences. The more is yet to come if we don't learn soon because in the later part we all are dead.

Our prime minister should be given due appreciation for his far sighted vision to promote the health of poors without having to a hefty amount by the way of medical expenses and medicines. Such policies were to be implemented long back but unfortunately no due weightage was given on this crucial aspect.
    If this policy successfully runs, poors are to get substantial relief in respect of medical expenses apart from the consultations of the doctors. Calculating the medical expenses of the entire family the sum would be colossal.
    The unfortunate part in our country is that if a leader proceeds in the right direction to eradicate the root cause of the problem, some one would come forward to oppose the steps taken up by the former. An opponent would not justify any concern being shown by his opponents and in fact, this is the fashion of politics to demotivate the leaders trying to uproot the poverty of the common mass.

Today all the great 'dramabaaj'-s (oops! opposition leaders) have assembled in Kolkata. Since yesterday evening, normal life in the city has almost come to a standstill. Now they have been taking a resolve to try their level best to bring the progress of the country to a standstill.
    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Bill gate is not only an entrepreneur but also a great businessman who helped the world computer scenario to rise phenomenally and facilitated its reach to the middle class through development of cheaper softwares and applications by producing them in mass scale.

The comment of Bill gate should be taken as a positive note for the present Govt and its governance in our country.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Mamata Didi has her own way. Why should she follow Bill Gate's way? Bill Gates doesn't gain or lose anything by congratulating the government. Whereas Didi loses her voters. So she condemns. She is right as a state politician against the centre.
    No life without Sun

It's the basic nature of any politician irrespective of the political party to go against the ruling party's proposals and schemes. So, Mamta Banerjee's anti-campaigning is nothing new in politics. The non-ruling parties will only support the government's decision when they see any profit from it.
    Such policies which are really beneficial for the poor will definitely help the government to establish their position in the country. May the country prosper through quality schemes!

shampasaid

Bill Gates is not an ordinary businessman. He is a great entrepreneur who has immensely contributed in the field of computers and information technology. He is a visionary person and people try to copy his ways to improve their business models. He is an example of how success can be achieved in the world of technology and science.

Bill Gates' appreciation of a world renowned person Mr Modi does not need any explanation. It is simply the modesty of Bill Gates to show his honour and respect for the another visionary person of this century.

Mr Modi has garnered so many awards and accolades worldwide that no one has to explain what is behind them. If any person has a doubt about his achievements and recognitions by others then that person is living in a false and imaginary world.

Knowledge is power.

As most of the members have stated in the above responses, Bill Gates is an entrepreneur and his word needs to be taken only in that sense. We are all very well aware of the man who acts and advertises. I am not very sure as to what invited these words of praise for Mr. Modi but am clear with my ideas that Mamta or any leader in the opposition, and even in the ruling front, are free to hold their views and opinion. Don't brand me as a liberal if this is something akin to the Philipp Kotler award received (presented?) by our PM. Let us not pretend when we are aware of the facts on the ground.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

Some people may be very pleased that Didi has condemned the healthcare scheme for the poor, but any right-thinking citizen of the country will feel sorry that the scheme is not reaching the real beneficiaries due to petty political game played by good-for-nothing leaders, who are themselves incapable of doing anything good for the people, and also not allowing others to work for the benefits of people.

West Bengal had a similar scheme before the Central Government launched it. These "good-for-nothing" leader had taken steps for the well being of its populace before it came to the mind of others.
    Now both the programs have been merged and it seems to be working coherently. The cooperation of the Central Government and State Governments seems to be working nicely for the citizens of West Bengal.

And yes, opposition parties are never going to praise the good policies of the other party. It is same with BJP, Congress or Trinamool Congress. It is called politics.

It's nature of the politicians. They have to oppose even the good work of other party's members. This way they think they will be able to get in the limelight but they forget people understand everything. You have to produce the facts before saying anything wrong.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

That is the problem with the politicians in this country. Mamata Banerjee is the most vocal opposition leader and she vehemently opposes the policies of the Modi government. Recently she said when the state government is also paying 40% for the central government healthcare scheme then it is not wholly a central sponsored scheme. She also said that the letterhead of the central scheme contains the picture of the PM and has a lotus symbol. According to her, since this is a central government scheme, the symbol of the country should be there instead of the symbol of a political party and that is her main contention.

If this is true, then I would say this is very logical. When the scheme is for the whole countrymen, it must carry the symbol of the country rather than any party. Actually, in WB, a similar state health scheme is merged with the central one as mentioned by Ankit # 657086. In WB, there are a few other schemes very similar to that of the central schemes and since she is always at loggerheads with the present government at the centre, anyhow she will oppose them.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

We know what is going on in the rural areas with MNREGA fund, so, nobody would believe about the healthcare scheme run by the State Government. Further, we are all aware of the pathetic conditions of the State Government hospitals.

What is being said about MNREGA fund and public hospitals same across the country irrespective of the party in power. A possible exception is the Mohalla clinics run by Delhi Government as well as their schools.

However, I would like to point something out regarding the hospitals. I have had the luck of seeing the services in Government hospitals of Delhi and Haryana. I have also seen services in AIIMS. Not all Government hospitals are as bad as they are made out to be. The Government hospitals have the best doctors of India and they do try to give their best to their patients except for the few exceptions that are found anywhere. The problem is the limited number of these doctors who are over-burdened by too many patients. This leads to each patient getting too little time with the doctor but a much longer wait.

It is some small Government hospitals in states where corrupt Doctors have opened their private clinics that have destroyed the name of many other such good doctors and hospitals.

I have a question for the author. Are you sure that the scheme has actually trickled down to all those who are in need? And can you vouch that the scheme has been successfully implemented in all BJP ruled states? Let us not be blindly political.

I still don't believe in any political parties but for me still the "Intentions" are important & very much essential when I will have to choose among many available to us. If we could remember then the Nano project by the Tata wasn't allowed by the Mamata government & then it was welcomed by the Gujrat from the then CM Narendra Modi. Although the project wasn't a success but still I go with him because of his intentions. The same being the case here & why to blame the BJP government here because each of the political parties do the same when in power but as per the adopted ideologies & seeing the advantages & disadvantages we all go as per our convenience. This thread is evident of the same. Few would never like Narendra Modi & can go to any extent in order to prove their point. After independence, the India had never been to such exercises in such shorter periods like the GST & Demonetization but wherein in the World Bank has appreciated it, most of us still would like to listen to the individuals who termed it as "Gabbar Singh Tax". We have reached to such a cheap level of politics that even after being clarified by the SC as not guilty the President of the Congress party keep on repeating as "Chowkidaar Chor Hai" & few of us join this platform. Even the mother of PM Modi is not left of with the politics when the Raj Babbar compares her age with the Petrol prices. Absolutely shameful & disgusting.

Where is the nationalism here & how come that we are talking of the welfare of the poor peoples?

Ved Prakash, are you sure that the Hon'ble Supreme Court has held that the Center is not guilty in the Rafale deal? It would be better if you check facts before raising such claims in a public platform. Please be reminded that this is not your Twitter handle or Facebook page.

In my last response, I talked about the pathetic conditions of the State Government-run hospitals of West Bengal. Even for admission and free tests, the party-supported middlemen demand money. I haven't talked about the quality of the doctors.

I myself worked in a Central Government run hospital & medical college in an administrative capacity for six years. So, I very well know the working style and culture.

Some Members are trying to give a beautiful twist to the subject. But let us not fall in this trap. The West Bengal Government is not allowing Ayushman Bharat scheme in West Bengal only because of political consideration.

Today that Government has not allowed Amit Shah's helicopter to land in the helipad in Malda. But all these dirty tricks are being watched by the people. BJP has already become the second largest party in the state in terms of vote-share. For the party, it is only a matter of time to become numero uno in the state.

Partha, my query at #657111 has not been answered as yet. And, does 'not allowing' Amit Shah's copter to land have anything to do with Mamta not encouraging the so-called center scheme? And does your thread has anything to do with BJP becoming the second largest party in West Bengal? Yes, 'We' the people are very well aware.

I gave these examples to substantiate my point that Mamata-didi can go to any extent (of course, unethical) to stop the growth of BJP in the state. Yes, even at the cost of the people of the state.

Partha, Amit Shah's copter and BJP becoming the second largest party still remains unanswered. Could you please clarify without being political at it?

#657111: "Are you sure that the scheme has actually trickled down to all those who are in need? And can you vouch that the scheme has been successfully implemented in all BJP ruled states?"---------------------------------When did the scheme first come into existence? The answer is after 1.4.2018. In fact, Mr. Bill Gates congratulated Indian Government on the occasion of the 100th day of the scheme. It can be easily stated that within first one hundred days, the scheme has made a positive impact. The benefit has been started coming down to the target group.

It has been reported that till last Tuesday, approximately three lakh poor people have been benefited from Ayushman Bharat health scheme in the last one-and-a-half months.

• Sign In to post your comments