You must Sign In to post a response.
Here's the sequel to the earlier non-fear factor activity to try out your writing skills. Closing date: 22nd January 2018.
  • Category: Reward Programs

The non-fear factor - part 2 - tickle our funny bones and earn!

The list below has four sentences selected from the responses submitted to this thread. Select any one sentence (participants can select their own) and write something humorous of not more than 100 words with the opening sentence being the one you selected from the list below. It could be a general writeup and not necessarily a story, but should not be indecent in any way. Mention which sentence you selected at the end of your response. The words in the selected sentence should be exactly as given and should not be changed in any way.

Your options:
    1. On Annapurna mountains, at a whopping 5000 meters height, darkness looms over us like a rug.
    2. I was subjected to bantering by my colleagues.
    3. The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there.
    4. She decided not to go.

Note: No title is required and the words in the selected sentence will not be included in the overall word count. The same sentence can be selected by more than one member, but only one response per member is allowed. Those who did not participate in the earlier thread can do so in this thread.

Closing date: 22nd January 2018. Have fun!

Up to 20 points and 20cc will be given as per quality of the writeup/story. Like in the previous thread, enhanced points and cc may not necessarily be given to all the responses.
    She decided not to go. Yet Sriram insisted her to go to Sabari Hills and have a darshan of Lord Ayyappa. Sita got annoyed and asked, "Why are you hell-bent to send me to Sabari Hills?" Sriram said, "Listen Sita, Don't fear. If you enter the shrine successfully and have darshan of Ayyappa, your name will appear in the newspapers and other media. Thus you will become famous as a third woman to enter the holy shrine." Sita said, "Okay, I am ready. Whether I enter the temple or not, you will see my name heard all over the world."

Sentence selected - "She decided not to go"

No life without Sun

The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there. My friend Hari, saw me and came running towards us.

Hari – Hey, why don't you get down from the horse, it would be easier to talk.

Me: I am sorry, but I must rush home.

Hari still running and confused- But you are going in the opposite direction.

Me: I am just in a hurry to reach my home, so I am taking the longest route.

Hari was left behind us, little did he know that my leg was tied beneath the horse.

Sentence Selected - The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there.

I was subjected to bantering by my colleagues. Some of them, especially Dilip Kumar, always mocked me because I gave importance to physical exercises even after joining Government service.

At the picnic, they asked me to prove my physical fitness. Dilip asked me to perform somersault on the ground where the picnic was being held. I agreed.

I ran a few steps and performed the somersault. But it was not perfect. I rolled sideways and my legs hit Dilip Kumar, who was standing there.

Overweight Dilip got disbalanced and fell awkwardly on the ground. The assembled people started laughing at him.

[Sentence used: I was subjected to bantering by my colleagues.]
    [Word count: 93 excluding the first sentence.]

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Deleted by the author.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there. I am very happy to see them there. My best friend Mohan was also there. I got down. All my friends came around me. I wished everyone and Mohan is very much excited to see me there. I told him that I came to that place with my family members and my liking of riding a horse. We spent some time together and exchanged our experiences after leaving school. I was also added to their WhatsApp group. I felt very happy to meet them after 40 Years. I left them to continue my day with my family members.

Sentence Selected - The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there.

drrao
    always confident

The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there. I am very happy to see them there. I was very excited to see them. I tried the horse to stop but it did not and in nervousness, I fell down in the mud. I didn't get injured but I became dirty. My face could not be recognised as it was covered with the mud, I released it when my school friends didn't even bother to look at me. I ran towards the hand pump and washed my face there and ran towards my friends and then they recognised me. They laughed at me, even I was laughing and from then I decided never to horse riding again.

Sentence chosen: The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

She decided not to go. She with hubby had to board evening's flight to attend a marriage. He left alone. She promised him to join the next day. On reaching the relative's house, he sent an email to her. Instead of sending an email to his wife, he sent it to a lady whose husband had passed away a couple of years ago. When the poor widow checked her email, she screamed and fainted. Her family rushed inside and found an open email which read:
    My lovely wife,
    I miss and need you over here. I have made all the arrangements for your arrival tomorrow.

Sentence selected- She decided not to go.

On Annapurna mountains, at a whopping 5000 meters height, darkness looms over us like a rug. Blizzards howl outside my tent. I really miss my teddy bear. I wish I could hug something. Idea! With my rolled up sheet I'll make a head and socks will make ears. My trekking poles, one horizontal would make hands and one adjustable one can be bent into 'v' shaped legs. With my jacket on, this really does look my Mr. Truffle. I missed you Truffle! Now I can fall asleep easily.

sentence chosen: On Annapurna mountains, at a whopping 5000 meters height, darkness looms over us like a rug.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

She decided not to go. In the meantime her friend Lata insisted that it was a good opportunity and if Savita does not come she would miss the company person, Mr George, there. Savita agreed thinking that George may manage a job for her.

They reached there and found George eagerly waiting for them. George took out job application of his brother from his pocket and requested Lata to give it to her father who was in a good position in a big company. Lata was surprised but kept the paper. George left immediately. Savita burst into laughter.

Knowledge is power.

She decided not to go. She got a call from her sister that they will be coming. So, she asked them to have lunch here only. Her son Bantu was now sad as he missed outing for which he was so keen to go.

Bantu was in a revengeful mood. During lunch when the guest started to eat he told loudly, "As we had to go out, Mother prepared this food yesterday itself and now she has just heated up and serving to us."

Bantu was smiling and seeing towards the embarrassed guests and horrified mother.

Sentence selected - She decided not to go.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there. Obviously, I wanted to stop and say hello to them, but the horse would have none of it. The more I tried to stop, the more it would pace up. I too was hell bent on stopping, so tried every trick up my sleeves. But, to no avail. My friends were amused seeing me make a mockery of myself, trying to control the horse. The worse part, all of a sudden the horse came to a grinding halt and not able to contain my momentum, I took a clumsy fall. Next instant, I was the laughing stock for my friends.

Sentence selected: The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there.

Patience and perseverance pays

The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there. I was a bit nervous which can be understood from my facial expression because I was riding a horse for the first time. Soumen and Sudipta noticed this and tried to encourage me by saying "hey you are looking like a jockey, ride fast till the rock garden and come back to us".

Somehow this increased my confidence and I tried to ride faster till that point. I managed to reach there and while returning the horse suddenly stopped at our meeting point and started to neigh. We all started laughing at this peculiar act of the horse.

(Selected sentence: The horse took me a bit far and I found a group of my school friends there. )

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

She decided not to go. Well, she seemed determined not to go, but why? God knows why she decided not to go to her favourite actor's movie, Zero. Even she screamed at us for coaxing her.

Gauri was silently hearing her friends' discussion and felt disturbed. She gently wanted to know when she had said so. Her friends looked sternly at her, and together they replied that when they tried to wake her up from sleep, she had repeatedly pleaded not to join them for the movie because Shahrukh was with her. Gauri looked amazed, and her friends felt amused.

(Selected sentence: She decided not to go)

shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.