You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Olympic gold medalist Raghbir Bhola passes away...

Not many people know him. He represented India in the 1956 Melbourne and 1960 Rome Olympics, winning a gold and silver medals respectively for the country, breathed his last on Monday. In 2000, he was honoured with the Arjuna Award for his achievements in hockey. He had a passion for hockey as was a member of the selection committee, commentator, government observer for Olympic games. It's sad being a hero in sports not many of us know about him. RIP.
    It's sad news that Raghbir Singh Bhola is no more. He played for India during the 50s and 60s and won the Arjuna Award for his outstanding contribution towards hockey. Nowadays, hockey is not so popular but during his time India was among the prominent ones in the game.

It's because of this less popularity, that stars like him are less talked about. I offer my deepest respect for him. May his departed soul rest in peace.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

He was a player from the golden period of Indian hockey. He represented India in two Olympics (1956 and 1960) and was awarded a gold and a silver, respectively. He used to represent the Air Force and Services team during the fifties and early sixties.

When his playing days were over, he served Indian hockey in various capacities. He was also an international umpire.

Rest in peace, Raghbir Singh Bhola!

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

I also join the members and pay the respect to the departed soul and pray God for peace.

Hockey is somehow not a popular game in our country though once we were in the top in this sport in the world. I remember the name of Dhyan Chand who was known as the wizard of hockey in the international hockey arena at that time. Today we are lagging behind in this sport and that is one reason that may of us are not aware of Raghbir Bhola.

Knowledge is power.

In our childhood we used to hear about hockey a lot but slowly it is nowhere. I am hearing a news about hockey or hockey player after a long long time. India is nowhere in the canvass of hockey.

RIP the great player Raghbir Singh Bhola.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Hockey is actually our National game. Once India was the best team among all the Hockey playing countries. India won Gold in this game in the Olympics. But these days the game is not very popular and many people don't know the names of hockey players and India lost its way in this game. Cricket attracted the country now.
    It is very sad to know that one time the best player of the game, Raghbir Singh Bhola is no more. He participated in Olympic games and won gold medals also. I pray to God to see that his soul will be rest in peace.

drrao
    always confident

So, Sad news but he was a really good player for a nation. He performs his best in his life for the country.

• Sign In to post your comments