You must Sign In to post a response.
Imagine that Netaji was present among us today and gave a speech. Participate in this unique contest and win cash prizes! Closing date: 26th January 2019.
  • Category: Reward Programs

If Netaji spoke on.....a creative writing contest

Dear friends,

23rd January is the birthday of one of our national heroes, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. In order to commemorate this occasion, we have come up with a contest and would like all ISC members to participate.

The following are the guidelines to follow in this contest:
    1. The members are requested to prepare an English speech that Netaji would have given to us, had he been there today among us.
    2. The topic of the speech should primarily be a social problem or an economic issue that is prevailing today. It could be an issue that was there in the society earlier, for example, polio or tuberculosis and had been mostly eradicated today. Most importantly, the topic of the speech should be related to a social evil that we may have battled with years ago or are still dealing with. For example, polio eradication or illiteracy, etc.
    3. Please avoid including political and controversial topics.
    4. The speech should be no less than 150 words and no more than 300 words and should be submitted as a response in this thread.
    5. One member can post at most one speech.
    6. Give a heading to the speech with the words "If Netaji spoke on..." and then write the social issue.
    7. It is not mandatory that you need to choose a new topic of speech other than posted in the thread. Any member can choose a speech topic posted by another member but has to write the speech in his own words.
    8. All members will get an enhanced cc and points for their speeches, provided they are considered to be up to the mark by our editorial panel.

Prizes to be earned:
    The first winning speech will get 150 cc.
    Two joint second speeches will get 100 cc.
    Third winning entry would get 75 cc.

The speech should be posted in this thread itself and on or before 26th January 2019.

So get going and start thinking as if you were giving a speech of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
    If Netaji spoke on gender equality

My brothers and sisters!

After a long time, I have come before you. After more than seventy-one year of the independence of our great country, we notice that we have made great progress on every aspect of life. We are moving confidently to again become a great country.

But, at the same time, I find that in some areas, our development is lopsided and unequal. The progress is different in different parts of the country. Similarly, the light of development has not reached equally to all.

I have also noted with pain that we have not yet achieved gender equality. Women have done wonders in this country in all ages. They have proved themselves. After independence, many women have done India proud in all fields of life, be it sports, academics, research, medicine or politics. There are many instances when women surpassed men. But even then, we find that the daughters of the country don't get equal opportunities. In the name of custom, tradition, religion and society, many of us still try to keep Indian women inside the home.

I tried to break the custom and tradition. In my INA, I formed Rani of Jhansi Regiment along with other formations. INA females fought side by side with their male counterparts. The contribution of Lakshmi Swaminathan (later Sehgal) and Saraswathi Rajamani is no less than the contribution of Prem Sehgal, Jaman Kiyani, Shah Nawaz Khan and others. INA women proved their mettle from 1943 to 1945.

I ask you to change your attitude. Give equal opportunity to every daughter of India. They will prove their mettle. Don't bind them in the home in the name of tradition and custom. Help them to blossom. They will definitely help India to blossom.

Jai Hind!

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

If Netaji spoke on tiger conservation.

Friends! We, the Bangla, have a very important task to accomplish. The mount of Bharath mata, the Bengal tiger is going extinct. Decades ago, I and many other freedom fighters fought for independence of our motherland. We were often compared to tigers, since we engaged in guerrilla warfare and ambush. My friends it is not the fur of a tiger that is striped. Tigers possess stripes on their very skin. Like we all possess patriotism to our nation. Once upon a time , our national pride roamed all along Ganga, rested in Sundarbans and dined in Eastern Ghats. We Bengalis love sweets. The honeybees from our mangroves produced one of the sweetest honeys. So we risk our lives. We enter the tiger's domain. We paint our masks, carry machetes and prayers along with us. Our settlements each day take up another inch of the marshes that tigers call home. We then blatantly call the tigers man-eaters. Have we ever called ourselves, 'habitat-eaters'? Why are we driving our national pride away from home? When conservation attempts took place I was happy. But these reserves are not fully isolated from human intervention. The lack of proper fencing and human settlements too near to the reserves put both of us in danger. Tigers, being the royal kind they are, occupy huge territories. But our deforesting, poaching and hunting for medicine has dwindled their habitat and put them at fatal danger. We hear gunshots were fired on our striped pride every other day. The farmers living too close to jungles face the wrath of tigers every now and then.
    Let us all try to save our pride, our national animal, the Bengal tiger. Tigers keep in check the ecology they live in. Let us all try to live in harmony with Nature like them.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Let's see some enthusiastic participation, please, for this contest. It is different from our usual creative writing ones and surely could excite our talented members!
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

If Netaji spoke on abuse against the elderly

My fellow countrymen, today we as a nation are in a far better position than we were a century or so ago. Our economy has grown by leaps and bounds. Everywhere, I see old superstitions being replaced by a scientific outlook. Yet, in certain matters, we seem to have gone in the opposite direction.

Brothers and sisters, the problem which I am alluding to is the growing cases of abuse against the elderly. Parents make all kinds of efforts to get their child enrolled in a good institution, to ensure that they get the best possible education. The children grow up, get their jobs and then they forget the contribution which their parents had in their success. It pains me when I read about the incidents where parents are forced out of their homes into old age shelters. I am reminded of why Bapuji laid so much stress on spiritualism. If our ethics are dead, then what remains in the world?

I want to make an appeal to the youth of today. Remember the way your parents helped you in taking your first step, holding your tender hands. Remember that first day to school, when you were sobbing and unwilling to let go of your mother. Remember the efforts that they made and the happiness they received on seeing your success. Do not leave them alone. Repay them, not with money, but with endless love.

Finally, I would end my speech by saying that when the country doesn't have a single old age home left, that day would be counted as a step towards genuine development.

Jai Hind!

If Netaji speaks on corruption in the society,

Good day to all fellow Indians,

At the outset, I like to congratulate you all for being the proud independent Indians. We attained the independence because of the unselfish service and struggle by our elders. We should be always thankful to them.
    My India what I imagined during the Independence struggle is entirely different from what we are all seeing today. Anywhere and everywhere corruption is spreading its wings and all offices are seen with corrupt practices only. As responsible citizens of this country we should not accept these practices. Unfortunately many of us are encouraging these practices for our personal benefits.one should keep in mind that we are trying to get undue favour for self will be denying the benefit to a really deserving case.
    All government officers are trying to get money in corrupt practices. Otherwise how a person earning a salary of about 50000rupees a month is able to earn Crores of rupees and assets.One should think about this. This government is for the people and by the people. You are all a part of this government. So you all should collectively revolt on these corrupt practices and see that the entire society will be corruption free. You all should take a pledge to that effect and I will be with you and let us collectively put in all our efforts and see that we will have a corruption free India.

Jain Hind.

drrao
    always confident

If Netaji spoke on corruption
    Friends! India was a religious country of corruption free people. It was a cultural land where unity in diversity dwelled. We witnessed the gigantic revolution that demanded sacrifice and suffering to achieve freedom. It is painful to see that today corruption has corrupted the minds and hearts. Even religion has not escaped from this social evil. Spiritual Guru's are looting money from innocent people in the name of God.

Friends! Corruption in India is right now prevailing in every sector. It is persisting at every level. However, the corruption that is prevailing in the administrative level is where the real problem lies. When the administration corrupts, it is damaging for people. It leads its way to poverty which is another social evil. Even a single administrative work cannot be carried out without offering a bribe to the person or officer who is in charge. Around 70-75% of the money issued for developmental work does not reach the hands of needy people.

The need of the hour is to eradicate corruption. Let us all join hands and be a part of the system which values honesty and purity. Let us all adopt fair means of earning money. Let us give up immoral ways that lead to unjust earning. Right now we need an action plan in which the need is to awaken the general masses by educating them regarding the ill-effects of corruption. Do remember that victory is within our reach. We all should have a desire today- the desire to make our motherland free of corruption.

Friends! My comrades in the war against corruption! I demand promise from you. It is a promise of neither accepting nor giving bribes under any circumstances. Promise me and I promise you freedom from corruption.

Jai Hind!

If Netaji spoke on female education.

Friends! Female education is important for the growth of the nation. It is everyone's birthright to get an education. As women cover half of the population and are equally contributing to the development of the country so why should they be deprived of a good education.

Every child gets his/her very first lesson from the mother, therefore, it is very essential for a mother to be educated as only a well-educated mother can shape and mould the career of her child. Only educated mothers nourish many lives in their life term and give rise to the developed nation so for them getting an education is more important.

I don't why still people don't care for their education. They are asked to take care of their siblings and look after the household works. This is wrong as they are not only made for it. They have every right to get educate and indulge themselves in the fields like teaching, corporate etc like men do.

The government has many policies for free education of the female child. I request you all not to think them burden as we are starting a few other policies so that you may compulsorily and happily send them to school. The government has already fixed reservation for females and will again review the same and will accordingly amend if find necessary.

If we want to achieve the goals of socio-economic development we must promote the education of girls.

Jai Hind!

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

If Netaji spoke on infanticide...........

Jai Hind.
    My dear countrymen,
    I have just returned to India after a long absence. On my return, I was told that we Indians practice female infanticide. This has pained my heart. Hence, I wish to say something on this subject.

No male without a female and no female without a male. The male is within the female. Nothing can be done without a female for the world to continue. Are we aiming to reduce the Indian population by infanticide of female children? No. We are trying to reduce the family burden through infanticide of girl children. We used to be proud when a girl child is born. We rejoiced with great pomp and show when a girl child was born. Now we call the female children as a devil and consider them as a burden. These days, the women are equivalent to men. They even rule the country well and excel in any organization. We have eminent women politicians, lawyers, doctors, bureaucrats who are very active and effective in their profession

While we speak great about the females, we are yet to change our mind, that the girl child is a heavy burden in the family. If one cannot afford to bring up a girl child, it can be given to the childless who wish to have a child in this beautiful world for happiness and prosperity with a female member as a successor.

My dear fellowmen, Infanticide of any children especially the girl child is a serious crime and should be discouraged. Every member of the family should consider the baby girl as a wealth. We will have our brave Indian women in our fighting forces.

No female infanticide, please.

Bharat Mata ki....... Jai. (Repeated 3 times)
    Jai Hind.

No life without Sun

If Netaji spoke on unemployment

Dear Countrymen,

We fought for the country with all our strength and gained freedom from the British rulers in 1947. It was my dream to see India among the most developed countries in the world within a short span. But even after 71 years of independence, we remained a developing country.

On one hand, our country is among the fastest growing economies, on the other we have a huge number of unemployed people. It clearly indicates the inequality. It shows the wealth is not equally distributed and is the primary reason for the widening rich-poor gap. In this country, more than 60% of the population is under the age of 35 years. So many youths are there, yet many of them unemployed. They need employment. The most important thing at this juncture would be to create self-employment opportunities for our youth.

Can you imagine how fast we can progress if all these youths are employed in various sectors? Boundless opportunities are there, but the problem is proper planning and execution. These youths learn things in schools and colleges but cannot apply what they learn. This is because the syllabus is not tailor-made to suit the industry. There are many training programs for our youth to make them self-employed, but again these programs were designed without proper assessment of the present day requirement. I am assuring you with proper training this situation can change. We must design all our training and curriculum keeping in mind the trend. Only then this burgeoning problem of unemployment can be mitigated. I would request all the parents to inculcate good habits in the kids and find out the traits in them that can be further nurtured to develop their skills. I assure you with all your help my dream will come true.

Jai Hind!

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

If Netaji spoke on child abuse

I am Subhash Chandra Bose speaking to my countrymen from a secret destination. It is my privilege to address my fellow Indians of independent India on the 70th Republic Day.

It is a profound feeling that from 1950 when India became Republic, it has come a long way making every Indian proud of the achievements. Economically, intellectually, and socially India has progressed immensely, but dear countrymen, we need to work upon a loophole in our society.

You and I are aged soldiers of our motherland, but for India's regular development, we need youths full of dream. To make a worldwide impact, the youths of India will be the real strength. Sadly speaking, how the motherland can get strong youths when the children are abused so rampantly by the countrymen?

According to the Human Rights report, more than 7200 children are sexually harassed every year in India. It is also suspected that the number could be higher because such cases are not reported. Dear countrymen, it's not the Englishmen anymore, but we are ruining our own future. Fighting against the outsiders was easy, but now it's time to fight against our own people. Remember, India will be devastated if child abuse does not stop. Today's child will be tomorrow's youth, but they won't be able to shoulder the responsibilities of their motherland if they face sexual abuse which would make a terrible impact on them.

On the Republic Day, I wish India and Indians to prosper. Time is ripe now, so take a pledge to act against the child abusers. Give children an abuse-free childhood then they will transform into lively and confident youths on whose shoulder our motherland can grow stronger.

Jai Hind!

shampasaid

If Netaji spoke on eradication of poverty.

Dear friends, even after 71 years of independence we are not able to eradicate poverty from our country. This is a matter of shame for all of us.

Today let us introspect ourselves to find out what are the deficiencies in our planning and developmental projects that we could not bring a large population of our country to a satisfactory level of livelihood.

We have come up magnificently in the fields of space, manufacturing, IT and many others but they have not helped in uplifting the status of poors.

Today, I want to share with you that it is high time that we should relocate our small scale industries to villages and towns and discourage them to crowd in the big cities. We should not send the fresh appointees to the big towns or cities rather they should be asked to serve in the remote places and help the poor in whatever capacity they are.

We have many small jobs for manufacturing or crafting items which can be undertaken by the youths in remote places and then the finished products can be shifted to cities for selling. Many people can be employed in this endeavour and they them selves can manage it from manufacture to sale in the market and in this way avoid the middlemen who generally cheat the village workers and artisans.

I have submitted my ideas to you and it is up to you people to cooperate in it at whatever level you are and make it a success. The Govt has already agreed to this plan in the last parliament session and I hope things will be in place soon.

Thanks and Vande Matram.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

If Netaji spoke on strengthening our army.

My Dear Friends,
    Today our country is developing in a fast pace and the world has started to take a note of us. We are doing progress in many areas albeit in a slow pace.

In addition to the commercial progress what we require is safety and security of our borders and motherland and it should be our endeavour to protect it at any cost.

I want to share with you that today what we require is to strengthen our army in land, in air and in seas. If we have a powerful army the enemy will not dare to even look at our side.

I will suggest that Govt should introduce a compulsory army traning to all the student after completion of their education and they should pass at least one year in the army to learn the basic army skills so that in time of needs they can be called to fight for the honor of their motherland.

We are bringing this suggestion to the Govt and if agreed we will have a large number of trained army men ready to come to help if a war like situation arises.

In the normal course our present army is sufficient to take care but we do not know when more people are required in a short notice.

I hope and wish that all our youths will be army men first and then only working in their usual jobs.

Let us make India strong. Jai Hind.

Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.