If Netaji spoke on.....a creative writing contestDear friends,
23rd January is the birthday of one of our national heroes, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. In order to commemorate this occasion, we have come up with a contest and would like all ISC members to participate.
The following are the guidelines to follow in this contest:
1. The members are requested to prepare an English speech that Netaji would have given to us, had he been there today among us.
2. The topic of the speech should primarily be a social problem or an economic issue that is prevailing today. It could be an issue that was there in the society earlier, for example, polio or tuberculosis and had been mostly eradicated today. Most importantly, the topic of the speech should be related to a social evil that we may have battled with years ago or are still dealing with. For example, polio eradication or illiteracy, etc.
3. Please avoid including political and controversial topics.
4. The speech should be no less than 150 words and no more than 300 words and should be submitted as a response in this thread.
5. One member can post at most one speech.
6. Give a heading to the speech with the words "If Netaji spoke on..." and then write the social issue.
7. It is not mandatory that you need to choose a new topic of speech other than posted in the thread. Any member can choose a speech topic posted by another member but has to write the speech in his own words.
8. All members will get an enhanced cc and points for their speeches, provided they are considered to be up to the mark by our editorial panel.
Prizes to be earned:
The first winning speech will get 150 cc.
Two joint second speeches will get 100 cc.
Third winning entry would get 75 cc.
The speech should be posted in this thread itself and on or before 26th January 2019.
So get going and start thinking as if you were giving a speech of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.