You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Smriti Mandhana became the first Indian Woman to score an ODI century in New Zealand

Smriti became the first Indian woman to score an ODI century in New Zealand off only 101 balls with eight balls and three sixes. Earlier, the home team got off to a flying start and looked set for a big total when Suzie Bates and Sophie Devine came out with an attacking approach.
    Congratulations to Smriti for scoring an ODI century and it is very nice to know that she is the first lady to do this. She hit eight fours and three sixes.
    She scored 669 runs in 12 ODIs in the year 2018. In this year, She played 25 T-20 and scored 622 runs. Smriti is the second Indian woman cricketer to win ICC awards. Before that, Jhulan Goswami won the ICC Woman Player of the Year in the year 2007. She has been selected for the awards of ICC's Woman Cricketer of the Year and ODI Cricketer of the Year. Congratulations to this great player of India.
    This is the first time in cricket that a male and female player of India has been selected for the ICC's awards together. Virat Kohli is named Cricketer of the Year, Test Cricketer of the Year and ODI Cricketer of the Year and Smriti Mandhana is selected as the Woman Cricketer of the Year and ODI Cricketer of the Year.

drrao
    always confident

Comes as a no surprise and I was waiting for this feat. Very consistent, and reliable player for Team India. I also know she is there and can be vouched to fill some shoes of senior players. I am not going to blame anything on Indian Women Team's image and less popularity among nation fans. One must focus on skills and keep on doing the great work. Which She is doing quite well.
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Hats off to Smriti Mandhana for her extraordinary feat. With this century, she became the 2nd player in women's ODI to score centuries against four countries namely, England, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Our Men in Blue also won their first match against New Zealand yesterday and today the same was repeated by the Women's team. Surprisingly, all the four centuries scored by Smriti Mandhana so far came when she played away from home. I am sure more accolades are waiting for her and she will deliver exciting performances in different formats of the game.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

This is a great news that our lady players are achieving such laurels. Well done and I wish Smriti Mandhana more such success in her playing career.

India has a great potential for good sportsmen as well as good sportswomen only thing is they have to get conducive atmosphere, motivation and infrastructure facilities to sharpen their playing skills. I hope and wish all those players a good future career in their life and hope that they will make India a leading sports playing country by bringing more and more awards in the international sports.

We have seen remarkable improvement in some of the recent international sports competitions and I feel that better time is yet to come when we will be considered the top in the world.

Knowledge is power.

Since 2018, Smriti Mandhana has been consistently scoring runs for India. In Women's County Cricket in England, she has been smashing one after another record. She has been carrying her form in New Zealand. Great to know that she is the first woman cricketer of India to score an international century in New Zealand.

However, I must say that team performance is more important than the individual performance. I congratulate the women's cricket team of India for winning the match against New Zealand.

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Hats off to Smriti. It's not easy to hit a century of the pitches of New Zealand. She really played well to achieve this. She is a consistent player and I hope she will make records in the future too. It's important also to promote women cricket in our country.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• Sign In to post your comments